Gauntlet (Inath Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
The Gauntlet is a plane created after a massive inter-planar accident occured in the Material Realm surrounding the world, Jashnia, known as the Epicene. It is a reactionary effect, nearly organic in nature, but without sentience, and a direct result of the horrible chaos that comes as a result from the effects caused by this event.
Scholars guess that the Gauntlet is a culmination of fused elements deriving from the Elemental Planes of Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Positive and Negative Energy. These six realms exist in a cube-shaped planar construction inside the Gauntlet, known as the Inner Cube.
The Gauntlet has the following traits:
- Heavy Objective Directional Gravity - Those who enter this plane from the Material Realm or Inner Planes finds themselves drawn into the "Grey Matter" of the Gauntlet, the Elemental culmination which makes up the realm. Sometimes gravity forces one directly toward the thickest (or heaviest) part of the "Grey Matter", and other times gravity pulls an individual at an angle which is almost parallel to "Grey Matter", causing a sort of skiing effect.
- Erratic Time - Times seems to shift when travelling in this realm from quickly to slowly. Inath Characters with the Permeatic Umbra Energy Energy Path can change this with the proper training and check results.
- Self-Contained Finite Plane - The Gauntlet is a sphere which wraps around the six Elemental & Energy Planes, and has a limited amount of space. Traveller from the Inner Realms and Material Plane find themselves on a different side of the Gauntlet (Inner Layer) then those who enter from the Outer Realms.
- Divinely Morphic - Those individuals with a Divine Rank or other potential methods can alter the shape and structure of the Gauntlet. See Inath for more info on the Permea Energy Path.
- No Elemental or Energy Dominance
- Strongly Neutral-Aligned - ...
- Dead Magic Trait - ...
- The Gauntlet is Coterminous with the "Inner Cube" of Elemental/Energy Planes, touching at six specifically determined and non-moving locations to three facets ("Corners" of the cube), and it is Coexistent with the Astral Plane, as well as the Deeper Ethereal and Deeper Shadow Realms.
- The Gauntlet has two Layers: an inner layer and an outer layer. The Inner Layer faces the six Inner Realms, the Inner Astral Plane, the Material Planes and the Transitive Realms, Shadow and Ethereal. The Outer Layer faces the Outer Realms, the Outer Astral Plane, the Far Realm, and the Deeper Transitive Realms, Deeper Ethereal and Deeper Shadow Planes.