Gatecallers (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
|“||It just... appeared. stepped out of a glowing pool of light, or,I don't know... energy or something. Strange looking creature, all blue and shimmery, with those crazy big ears... It looked around, a bit confused, then stepped back through, and that weird light just evaporated...||”|
|—Zachary West, telling of a supposed alien sighting|
Gatecallers are a race that has a very strange ability, that of summoning portals between different worlds.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.
- Medium Humanoid (Gatecaller).
- Gatecaller base land speed is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Sense Motive checks. +4 racial bonus on Concentration and Navigate checks.
- Gate-Calling (su): Gatecallers can summon portals, the origin of which is a closely guarded gatecaller secret. to open a portal, a gatecaller must spend five rounds concentrating on the gate, and then succeed on a concentration check (dc 10 +1 per light-year traveled). if the concentration check succeeds, the gatecaller then chooses a destination, making a dc 15 navigate check to come to the proper location. if the navigate check fails, the portal automatically closes. a portal stays open as long as the gatecaller concentrates on it. Any short range transportation can be done without the need for the five turns but with equivalent DC. if a non-gatecaller creature travels through the portal, they must succeed on a dc 15 fortitude save to avoid becoming nauseated for 2d6 rounds.
- Automatic Languages: Call-gate. Gatecallers can also establish a telepathic raport with any willing sentient creature within 30 ft. Bonus languages: any.
- Favored Class: Charismatic Hero.
- LA: +4