Gallade (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Unlike their feminine counterparts, a Gallade is often resolute, quietly going about his business. They can come across as gruff, but will never break a promise to those they are emotionally attached to. Their words tend to be more to the point, but less eloquent, than Gardevoirs As with Gardevoirs, Chaotic and Evil acts cannot be forgiven. They spar frequently, to keep their practice up for when actual combat comes about.
As a Gardevoir averages five foot three, so too does a Gallade. However, they tend to weigh more – at 114.6lbs on average – due to the significantly wider legs and swords within the elbows. They share several traits with the Gardevoir – red eyes, green hair and arms, a red horn on the chest and back, an overall skinny appearance – but their elbows jut out slightly even while not using the sword, they lack the Gardevoir’s dress, and they have a hairstyle of sorts, although this is more aesthetic, potentially to attract a mate from the Gardevoirs. There are alternate colourations, as with the Gardevoir – blue where it is normally green and amber eyes – but again, other colourations are likely artificial.
Unlike Gardevoirs, Gallades are friendly to dwarves and gnomes, despite the destructive methods they use in mining. This may be because Gallades themselves are physical workers and understand the toil they go through. They are as friendly to elves and humans as Gardevoirs, and the relation between Gallades and Gardevoirs is total. Gallades aren’t, however, fond of magic users – this might be because they are inadept at it, and are jealous or afraid of those who are adept.
Gallades tend to vary greatly, a lot more so than Gardevoirs – the Gallades tend to seek blood a lot more, possibly due to their natural weapons. There is no limit as to what a Gallade can align himself to.
As with Gardevoirs, Gallades tend to prefer open grassy plains, with a source of fresh water if possible.
As with Gardevoirs, Gallades often worship the Lawful Neutral deity Arceus, if they choose to worship.
Having the same evolutionary roots, Gallades can speak all languages Gardevoirs can. Ralian is their native tongue, and they are likely to speak Common too. However, they speak Ralian with “Gal” and “Ade”, but can still be understood by Gardevoirs and any who speak Ralian.
Again, as with Gardevoirs, they either refer to themselves as Gallade, maintain nicknames for those emotionally close, or go by the names of the race they live with.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, −2 Intelligence, −2 Constitution; Gallades are stronger than the Gardevoirs, but lack the wisdom thereof and share the lack of stamina.
- Monstrous Humanoid - A Gallade needs custom armour to account for his elbow blades.
- Medium: A Gallade gains no bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Gallade base land speed is 30ft.
- +1 Natural Armour: All Gallades are taught at a young age how to block most attacks with the swords within the elbows.
- Natural Swords: Gallades gain a Natural Attack. The damage is 1d6, and the attack is treated as a normal melee attack. At level 5 and every fifth level thereafter, the Gallade may add 1d6 to damage.
- Psycho Cut (Su): A Gallade can focus psychic energy into his arm, and swing it to unleash a shockwave attack. Treat this as a normal melee attack with a +2 to accuracy, and roll 1d10 for damage. The range is 60ft. Every five levels, the Gallade may use one more d10 to check the damage. On a natural 20, treat the attack as a critical hit with an x3 modifier.
- Swordplay: All Gallades are proficient with all swords, no matter what the Gallade’s class is. This does not affect Exotic weapons.
- Steadfast: Any damage the Gallade takes is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 1.
- Force of Evolution: All Gallades must be male upon creation.
- Automatic Languages: Ralian, Common. Bonus Languages: Any (except for secret languages, such as Druidic)
- Favoured Class: Fighter or Barbarian
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+3d20-5 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
This page is semi-protected because the author has asked that no changes be made to this page by IPs.
If you are an IP and you see a problem on this page please discuss it on the talk page.