Furyans (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
On a regular day, a Furyan is very peaceful. They're at one with nature, being able to communicate with anything in it. They act like any other human-being. Nothing divides them besides their eyes, by looks. Though, Furyans are known to be the warrior race to the point where they are good in/as any situation/class. Their ability to control their soul to increase magic abilities as well as physical abilities (better supports physical classes) make them a force to be dreaded.
Furyans are usually around 6'0" can be larger, or smaller depending on class. Weight- Male: 220lbs Female: 160lbs. They have rather tan skin, for they are always in nature. Also, their shined eyes (silver replacing iris, pupil, and Whites of their eyes) helps them stand out. Usually darker or red hair, rare cases of light color.
Furyans get along well with all races, it's only how certain people may treat them that determines their attitude towards those certain few. No belittling comments and such, though some Noble Furyans have been known to get big heads.
Usually Neutral or good, but can be any Alignment.
Furyans can be found almost anywhere in nature. As long as there are natural elements and the freedom of little government.
Furyans all worship "mother" whom most see as Ehlonna. They all eventually have to proceed on a journey to one of the springs of Mother to gain her hand print on a certain body part, Usually chest.
They speak common, druid, and undercommon.
Names of children are usually that chosen by Ehlonna. In some cases though, they are chosen by the parents. Usually being of elvish Druidic decent.
- +1 Bonus Feat
- All Furyans are specified an element, which heals them in nature (not spells) For 10 HP every round. Ex: Shadow, darkness, fire, light, water. Light and dark, though, are rayher uncommon.
- The shined eyes of the furyan is justified by the fact they have darkvision. Their eyes come to hurt them though, in the fact that they experience excruciating pain when their eyes are revealed to light. For this reason, most dwell in shadows(not the most common element chosen) and Darkness. At Moderate age, the furyan loses their Darkvision, and it is replaced by very acute sonic vision. (seeing by even the sound of someone breathing) Due to their unique eyes, they wear protective eyewear (dark to the point where other humanoids would go blind with these on) even after sonic vision is presented, for these items become part of the Furyan themselves. If these are removed in any time where the sun is fully visible at some point in the sky, the Furyan is Rendered useless for 1d4 rounds. May make a will and fortitude check of 15 to attempt to put on the protective eye wear, or shield their eyes completely from the light, using other sense to find their way to deep shadow... or wait until the sun goes away.
- People that Try to wear / look through a furyans Goggles have to make a 32 fort save or be rendered completely blind.
- Furyans can communicate with each other telepathically, as well as all nature by placing a hand on anything that has roots, or some sort of system planted in the ground.
- While outdoors Furyans gain a racial +2 to survival, spot, and Sense Motive.
- Furyans gain a +2 to Dexterity or Strength depending per character. Though, all Furyans gain +2 bonus to charisma and wisdom. If Dex based, +2 to Constitution
- Humanoid. Thought to be perfected Humans.
- Furyan base land speed is 50 feet:
- Soul Charge: (Takes movement action) Can be used to cause more damage by channeling a Furyan's soul into his weapon, fists, or a burst. +1d10 to damage. This also causes the user to be stunned for 1 round with a 40% chance of stunning the opponent for 1 round. Also can be used as a dash to channel one's soul to one direction with such a force that your body follows by force. Furyans are molded to withstand this.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Druid, and Furyan. Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Any Strength, wisdom, or Dexterity based classes.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|360 years||+50 years||+125 years||+275 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|641 years||944 years||1238 years||+2d% years|