Fox-Spirit (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A peaceful being that primarily lives on the ethereal plane as an onlooker to simply observe those on the material plane, but when not watching from the ethereal plane they spend their time guiding the lost out of the forests they prefer to inhabit, fairies have a personal interest in them due to their extraordinarily high spiritual power that they radiate.
A Fox-Spirit is for all intents and purposes a fox that possesses multiple tails, these tails designate their power level 1 being the lowest and 9 being the highest. Fox-Spirits stand about 4-4.5ft. tall, and they weigh relatively in the 200 lbs range depending on personal height. Fox-Spirit males are generally larger than the females. The fur on a Fox-Spirit can be almost any color,yellow, white, blue, green, grey, silver, even gold, however wispy black, white, and even red lines of color cover the fur of these creatures almost like beautiful artwork. Fox-Spirits have the traditional long narrow snout. A Fox-Spirit’s eyes are typically a misty combination of silver blue and gold hues and can be almost any mixture of the three, Being considered a Kami themselves they are traditionally looked up to by the Fey and are not to be underestimated by any means.
Fox-Spirits are a very proud, yet social race. They treat all except those whom they consider destructive and ignorant (anyone that would think of destroying a forest for personal gain) if you respect it it will show you respect in return, if not it wont think twice about you or you're thoughts. If a Fox-Spirit catches you destroying a forest or harming the weak and defenseless you will receive no special treatment and it will deal with you accordingly (most likely death)
Fox-Spirits are traditionally neutral good and tend to stay out of matters that don't involve those it feels it must protect. Other wise a chaotic good is very probable.
Most Fox-Spirits live in the realms between the planes observeing from the ethereal plane and tend not to roam into major cities however there are several that take on the form of elves and humans and live among them in towns and cities.
Fox-Spirits are considered Kami by the Fey they Protect.
Fox-Spirits can speak to almost all Forms of Fey along with common, due to their spiritual nature they can also speak the languages of both angels and demons.
Fox-Spirits are usually given names by the Fey they protect.
- Outsider, Magical Beast
- +4 to Dexterity, +4 to Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +5 Strength:
- Large Size: As large creatures, Fox-Spirits gain no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Bade Land Speed: 60ft
- Racial Hit Die: A Fox-Spirit begins with 6 levels in outsider, which provide 6d8 Hit Die, a Base attack Bonus of +5, and base saving throws of +3 Fortitude +3 Reflex and +3 Willpower.
- Poly-morph: May morph into a medium Humanoid that matches their gender 3/day ,However a Fox-Spirit cannot hide his Ears or his Tails and gains a -4 on disguise checks requiring his Humanoid form.
- Fox-Spirt's gain tails based on level 1 tail every 2 levels. ex:1/lvl-1, 2/lvl-2, 3/lvl-4 and so on.
- Spell-like Abilities: At-will - All spells listed in the Cleric domain (Plants), plus Transport via Plants, Live Oak, Control Weather, 1/day- Foresight.
- Caster Level + 2.
- Fox's Cunning.
- When choosing this Race, an affinity must be chosen. The affinity's are as follows (Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Darkness, Light). Each Fox-Spirit gains a number of Spell-Like abilities based on this Affinity. The Fox-Spirit will gain access to the Cleric Domain spells as spell-like abilities based on the number of tails, as well as access to Domain list Plants. 1/day, Foresight.
- Fire: All spells in the Domain list of Fire.
- Wind: All spells in the Domain list of Storm.
- Water: All spells in the Domain list Ocean.
- Earth: All spells in the Domain list Earth.
- Darkness: All spell in the Domain list Darkness.
- Light: All spells in the Domain list Sun.
- Force of Nature: The Fox-Spirit is considered to have a life force that seeps out and into the world, Any plant life nearby a Fox-Spirit Immediately improves and starts to grow stronger. This life force can be felt as a powerful aura.
- Ethereal Jaunt:This creature can enter or leave the ethereal realm as a free action at anytime.
- Blink:This creature is considered under the effects of a Blink spell and may activate and deactivate as a free action
- Natural Weapons: The claws on a Fox-Spirit’s paws imbue with spiritual energy can deal 2d6 damage, Bite is also another Natural weapon and deals 1d8 damage.
- Darkvision: 60ft
- Scent: A Fox-Spirit can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.
- Immortality: The Fox-Spirit is a form of Kami and therefore does not age.
- +4 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Fey, Celestial, Abyssal, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Warrior/Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +7.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500||1000||2500||No Maximum age "Immortal"|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+2d6||200 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 6"||+2d6||175 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|