Fox-Spirit (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A peaceful being that primarily lives on the ethereal plane as an onlooker to simply observe those on the material plane, but when not watching from the ethereal plane they spend their time guiding the lost out of the forests they prefer to inhabit, fairies have a personal interest in them due to their extraordinarily high spiritual power that they radiate.
A Fox-Spirit is for all intents and purposes a fox that possesses multiple tails, being born with one, up to 9 new tails grow with the passage of time. Fox-Spirits stand about 4-4.5ft. tall, and they weigh relatively in the 200 lbs range depending on personal height. Fox-Spirit males are generally larger than the females. The fur on a Fox-Spirit can be almost any color,yellow, white, blue, green, grey, silver, even gold, however wispy black, white, and even red lines of color cover the fur of these creatures almost like beautiful artwork. Fox-Spirits have the traditional long narrow snout. A Fox-Spirit’s eyes are typically a misty combination of silver blue and gold hues and can be almost any mixture of the three, Being considered a Kami themselves they are traditionally looked up to by the Fey and are not to be underestimated by any means.
Fox-Spirits are a very proud, yet social race. They treat all except those whom they consider destructive and ignorant (anyone that would think of destroying a forest for personal gain) if you respect it it will show you respect in return, if not it wont think twice about you or you're thoughts. If a Fox-Spirit catches you destroying a forest or harming the weak and defenseless you will receive no special treatment and it will deal with you accordingly (most likely death)
Fox-Spirits are traditionally neutral good and tend to stay out of matters that don't involve those it feels it must protect. Other wise a chaotic good is very probable.
Most Fox-Spirits live in the realms between the planes observeing from the ethereal plane and tend not to roam into major cities however there are several that take on the form of elves and humans and live among them in towns and cities.Fox-spirits have been known to mate with these races in particular, when they display a great affinity for nature.
Fox-Spirits are considered Kami their religious views lean towards whatever the Fey they protect believe in.
Fox-Spirits can speak to almost all Forms of Fey along with common, due to their spiritual nature they can also speak the languages of both angels and demons.
Fox-Spirits are usually given names by the Fey they protect.
- +2 to Charisma, -2 Constitution
- Medium Size: As medium creatures, Fox-Spirits gain no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Poly-morph: May morph into a Humanoid that matches their gender 3/day ,However a Fox-Spirit cannot hide his Ears or his Tails and gains a -5 on disguise checks requiring his Humanoid form
- Ethereal Jaunt:This creature can enter or leave the ethereal realm as a free action 1/day.
- Fox Fire: Fox-Spirits can produce the effects dancing lights at will, as the spell (caster level 2nd). Kitsune can activate this ability as a standard action: Gaining the ability to produce foxfire with their tales at a young age, kitsune are masters at manipulating it and using it to trick their enemies.
- Hitodama's Lifeforce: When you reach 0 hit points, your spirit leaves your body in the form of a hitodama (fireball ghost). As a hitodama, you cannot move any farther than one space away from your unconscious body, and can only be seen and heard by those you choose to be seen and heard by. Even in your hitodama form, you can communicate with other creatures and can roll perception and insight checks, but cannot attack or use other powers.
- Base land speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Weapons: The claws on a Fox-Spirit’s paws imbue with spiritual energy can deal 1d6 damage.
- Low-light Vision: A Fox-Spirit can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, or similar forms of poor illumination. Fox-Spirits retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immortality: The Fox-Spirit is a form of Kami and therefore does not age.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Fey, Celestial, Abyssal.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500||1000||2500||No Maximum age "Immortal"|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+2d6||200 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 6"||+2d6||175 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|