Flamekin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Flamekin are passionate and fiery creatures. They are always in high emotion while often angry and frustrated they are equally capable of happiness and estatic joy. This ever passionate world view leads many to brand them as zealots or just plain crazy. This often allows clever people to take advantage as they are liable to get fired up so to speak about just about anything.
Flamekin are largely humanoid with features ranging from short to tall thin to thick male to female. Their skin is entirely pitch black like coal and has a similar consistency to coal as well. Where their neck and hair should be on a human however are raging flames making it look like their heads are floating in the fire independent of their body's. these flames in no way inhibit the use of clothing, weapons or armor as the Flamkin can cause their flames to burn anywhere from casual body temperature to forge fire like heat.
Flamekin themselves are largely friendly toward others races only seeking acceptance into society. However most other races having an innate primal fear of fire seem to be rather put off by the sight of beings that are made of fire themselves. Also the passionate views of the Flamekin also make them unpredictable and hard to control. They are also easily angered as well making the normally safe flames of their body's go out of control; many towns have been burned to the ground on accident by enraged Flamkin in the past.
Flamekin are passionate creatures of emotion meaning that they are almost always chaotic. however they tend toward good and nuetrality more than evil though evil Flamekin are not by any means unheard of.
Any that supports life. Though deserts and large city's are most common.
Many Flamekin worship gods of fire or, to there racial predicament gods of mercy are common as well.
Flamkin all speak Ignan and speak so among themselves but also tend towards learning draconic as well.
Flamekin are originally from the elemental plane of fire, a place where the very land burns and nearly all creatures are of flame themselves. They lived a quiet tribal lifestyle, however their chaotic nature made it impossible for them to obey the commands of the Ifritti that ruled said plane. The Ifritti lords of the Copper City called for the destruction of the perceived rebels, forcing their shamans to gather them all together and transport them all to the material plane. However this large scale planar transport caused an equally large scale shamanic death. This left the whole race without their leaders and nothing more than scattered remnants trying to survive in a hostile environment.
- +2 Charisma, -1 Wisdom: Flamekin are passionate and tough however they are focused to the point of fault and tend to forget commonsense and to pay attention to detail.
- A Flamekin's skin is naturally resistant and strong giving it a natural armor bonus of +2
- Outsider: Originally from the elemental plane of fire
- Immunity to fire (but not lava)
- Flamekin are medium creatures:
- Flamekin base land speed is 30 feet:
- Smolder (Ex): A Flamekin can use a touch attack that deals 1d4 fire damage.
- Weapon of Flame (Sp): A Flamekin of level eighteen or higher can have a weapon deal an additional 1D6 fire damage, as with a Flaming Weapon spell. This ability has a duration as long as the Flamekin is holding the weapon
- Automatic Languages: Common, Ignan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Demonic.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|