Feyrin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
Feyrin are shy and reclusive by nature, but are quick to help those in needs. They are great admirers of artisans and bards; though they rarely leave their homes to see them. Feyrin are more likely to be found in the company of fey or animals over any of the other races. Slow to anger and slower to fight; they can be vicious when there is no other choice.
Feyrin keep in touch with each other by spell and travelers. They are close knit though their race is scattered across the lands.
 Physical Description
Feyrin stand from anywhere of 4'7" to 5'8" tall. Males are no more likely to be taller or heavier than females than females are to each other. Hair, eye and skin color run the whole spectrum in the race. Properly disguised it can be difficult to tell male and female apart at first glance.
Feyrin judge others on a case by case basis. They tend not to generalize the races; though they do have a slight of half orcs. Destructive races are more likely to harm the natural world they revere so much around them.
Feyrin are more likely to be good. They only wish to be left alone to live peacefully with nature. Most are chaotic in a more gentle manner.
Feyrin have no countries or their own. They often live in large forests or solitary glades. Some are known to form small settlements of three or four families. They try to change the land a slittle as possible. They use only stone and deadwood to build their homes. Woodshaping is also a favored technique for helping build homes. Some Fey'rin of elven decent choose to make homes among the branches of the trees themselves. Feyrin that travel are part of the network that keep all enclaves in touch with one another.
Feyrin in general worship any god of nature and nature itself. Those that take up the life of a wanderer worship Olidammara or Fharlaghn.
Feyrin do not have their own language. They speak sylvan which uses the elven alphabet. Feyrin are fond of writing letters despite the fact a spell might be more expeditious in sending the information across.
Feyrin give their children any name that they think sounds lovely. This means they draw names from any of the races depending on the parents taste. Feyrin have no set family names and often take any that those that describe where they live or things they love.
Male Names: Cade, Glim, Veit, Ivellios
Female Names: Cora, Duvamil, Diesa, Lia
Family Names: Glimmergaunt, Nixiewing, Streamrunner
Feyrin adventurers are those that come over the reclusive and often shy nature of their race. Their natural curiousity about the world makes them want to come out and experience it.
 Racial Traits
- Type: Humanoid
- +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength, -2 Constitustion: Feyrin are as a race very pleasing to look upon and very sensible. They are not as strong and hardy as other races.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, feyrin have no special penalties or bonuses due to size.
- Feyrin base land speed is 30 feet. They have a swim speed of 20 feet. They are agile in water like their nymph ancestors.
- +2 racial bonus on Wild Empathy, Handle Animal, Swim and Survival checks. Their ancestory and preference to living in natural habitats have given them especially keen skills in these areas.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnome, Elven, Auran, Aquan, Terran. Feyrin know the languages of those that are associated with or in harmony with nature.
- Favored class: Druid. A multiclass Feyrin's druid class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing (see XP for Multiclass Characters, page 60 of the PH). Druids are common among the feyrin because of their connection with nature.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|