Feonix (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Author: Darth Sephiroth
The Feonix are a race that has much in common with the fox, they seem to be cunning to some extent but its tempered by the fact that they seem to have a racial case of extreme ADD. They have a high energy level and often go for flashy things.
Most describe the Feonix as annoying in the same way that people often describe young kids, they often have the personality of a small child and demand answers for even the most mundane things, but they are friendly and excitable. They are optimistic and excited about life but are rarely quiet for more than a few moments at a time.
Feonix have the appearance of an anthropomorphic fox, their coloration varies wildly and normally has to do with their environment. They grow multiple tails as they age. Namely one tail is present at birth and another grows at each age category the Feonix reaches but the tails provide no mechanical benefit.
Feonix seem to be friends with anyone and are often traders as they travel from place to place. Adventurers often view them as a younger sibling even if the Feonix happens to be older than them.
The Feonix are a strange mixture of unpredictability and innocence. They tend to be either Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral
The Feonix have no lands of their own as they seem to be everywhere.
The Feonix have little regard for any one religion although they may be devout to any that catch their often fickle fancy.
Feonix speak their own language which is a rapid paced language that is full of barks and yaps that makes them sound like a lapdog in some cases. Feonix speak Common and Teforil. Other languages can be anything they have encountered.
Normally a Feonix has a short name of only a few syllables, but it is often something that sounds like something of another race from nearby
Feonix often adventure because they are bored where they are and want something to catch their attention.
Feonix Racial Traits
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Feonix have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Feonix base land speed is 40 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A Feonix can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Sensitive Nose: A Feonix make take Scent as an exceptional ability.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise, Bluff, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Jump, and Tumble checks. They also suffer a -4 racial penalty to Concentration checks.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day—prestidigitation. Caster level equal to HD; save DC 10 + Feonix's Charisma modifier.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Teforil. Bonus Languages: Any (Except secret languages)
- Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass Feonix's Bard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.