Fennihk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A humanoid being whose soul has been bonded to that of an animal, Fehniks are strange and mystical beings.
Standing at around four and a half feet tall, Fehniks are not imposing beings. They are inhumanly thin and frail loooking, with large almond-shaped eyes and delicate features. Females are slightly smaller and thinner than males, but both sexes have short fingers and toes with long hands and feet. Both sexes grow hair only on their heads, though the female has a full head of hair whil they male has a horseshoe ring. Many male Fehniks grow facial hair, though it is entirely optional. The biggest differences between sexes is that males have rows of bony nobs and plates atop their skull, which is why they have less hair. Hair coloring varies, but is usually only a few shades darker or lighter than their skin tone. Their skin is normally a rich, dark brown, but can be tawny or even black. Their eyes can be any shade of blue, though lighter shades are more common.
Fehniks get along fairly well with other races. They are considered something of an oddity, though, as they're quite uncommon outside of their cities.
Fehnik alignments vary quite a bit, but they seem to tend towards Neutral.
Fehniks are given two names through their lifetime. Their first name is given at birth and usually something quite short, being only one or two syllables at most. However, in recent years names common to other races have been gaining in popularity. Examples include Rek (male), Werl (male), Gesa (female), and Fari (female). Their surname is given at around fifteen years of age, when their partner's soul is melded to theirs. The name is always that of their partner's species, followed by either a physical feature of that animal, or a word such as "soul" or "spirit". Thus, examples are Rek Eaglesoul, Werl Bearclaw, Gesa Stagspirit, and Fari Wolftooth.
- +1 Charisma +5 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, −6 Strength: −4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity. Fehniks are especially physically weak, but mentally strong.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Fehniks have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Fehnik base land speed is 30 feet.
- Default Companion : A Fhenik who has a class with no companion may chose another companion, who is not especially combat worthy, but may assist in other tasks.
- Animal Companion (Ex): A Fehnik's partner is automatically his Animal Companion, even if his class is not normally entitled to one. Combine all of the Fehnik's class levels entitled to an Animal Companion for the purpose of determining the companion’s abilities. However, a Fehnik's partner functioning as an Animal Companion doesn't gain the bonus HD of a standard Animal Companion.
- Summon Familiar (Su): A Fehnik's partner is automatically his Familiar, even if his class is not normally entitled to one. Combine all of the Fehnik's class levels entitled to a Familiar for the purpose of determining the companion’s abilities. However, a Fehnik's partner functioning as a Familiar doesn't gain the Intelligence adjustment of a standard Familiar.
- Soul-Link (Su): A Fehnik and his partner share a soul and a mind, and share HP. When a Fehnik's partner is damaged, so is the Fehnik. This means that when one dies, so does the other. However, they also function perfectly as a team because they share a conciousness. Additionally, the Constitution, Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom scores of a Fehnik's partner are always identical to those of his corresponding Fehnik.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Fehnik. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any one class entitled to an Animal Companion or Familiar.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|265 years||470 years||665 years||+5d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 3"||+2d6||90 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 0"||+2d6||75 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|