Favored of Lolth (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This page is a concept race, which I would love feed back on.
Favored of Lolth, among Drow, at least, are considered heralds of the Great Spider herself, and the populace literally bows in the streets as they pass. As a result, they develop a tendency to have severely over-inflated heads, only strengthened by their position even higher than the greatest matron mother in Drow society. There are, on rare occasions, though, Favored of Lolth that reject their creator, and vow never to assume their hybrid form again. These creatures are driven from their villages, and wander the depths of the Underdark, utterly alone in the cold, black expanse.
In certain bizarre instances, Lolth decides to bestow a curse upon a surface family, and spawns a Favored of Lolth in a normal elf family. This birth almost assuredly kills the mother, and the poor creature is often drowned before it is given a chance to mature. This cold mutiny and hatred is what makes Lolth happiest. However there are times when the community decides to raise them any way for what ever reason.
Favored of Lolth have perfectly black skin, muscular, lithe bodies, and the general appearance of any other drow, excluding their six extra eyes, which are arranged just above the primary eyes. In hybrid form, the thing that once wore drow form becomes something altogether different. It grows in height, it sprouts six extra arms from its shoulders and back, and its lower body reshapes into the abdomen of a spider, including eight long, spindly legs. It gains fangs, grows claws, and produces short spikes from its spine.
Because of the conceited nature of their deity, and the boot-licking reverence payed to them by other drow, favored of Lolth often develop a severe superiority complex that would border on a god-complex if not for their unerring reverence to the Mother Spider. Favored of Lolth often expect superior treatment to those around them, regardless of the environment they occupy. This holds true even for supposedly reformed favored of Lolth, who have it ingrained into their conscience's at an early age.
The favored of Lolth almost always adhere to their creator's alignment of chaotic evil.
Favored of Lolth populate the depths of the Underdark.
The favored of Lolth, as their name suggests, worship the great spider, Lolth. They may also worship, or at least acknowledge, other Drow divinities.
Favored of Lolth use Undercommon as their language, and are so rare that they have had no reason to create their own language.
Use the drow name generator provided in Drow of the Underdark or choose an elven name, and make it sound more sinister.
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom +2 Charisma:
- Monstrous Humanoid (Elf, Shapechanger): Favored of Lolth have two subtypes.
- Medium (Humanoid), Large (Hybrid): In humanoid form, a favored of Lolth confers no bonuses or penalties. However, in hybrid form, they take a −1 to AC, a +4 to bull rush, trip, and other special attacks, and a −4 to Hide checks. They occupy four squares in hybrid form, and one square in humanoid form.
- Favored of Lolth base land speed is 40 ft in humanoid form, and 60 ft in hybrid form: They also have a climb speed of 30 ft., but only in hybrid form.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- +10 on all saves against poisons or toxins.
- Darkvision to 120 ft.
- Tremorsense to 80 ft.
- Spell Resistance 10 + HD
- Hybrid Form: A favored of Lolth can, at will, as a full round action, invoking , take on a mixed spider-drow shape, which allows them to spin webs, as the web spell. In this form, they also gain six extra arms, all of which are usable, but only half of which are usable in a round. Thus, if a favored of Lolth is carrying a weapon in every hand, she must choose three of those weapons to attack with each round (Please note that all of these arms sprout from the humanoid form's shoulders). They also gain a +6 to Intimidate checks. It takes two rounds to switch from humanoid to hybrid form.
- * +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A Favored of Lolth who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Sunlight Aversion: A favored of Lolth who is exposed to sunlight, and only sunlight, immediately loses an eighth of its hit points per round, until after eight rounds, it is completely destroyed.
- +2 with whips and whip-like weapons
- Spellcasting: The LA +4 gives a Favored of Lolth the spellcasting abilities of a second level cleric. These stack with any further cleric levels.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day Favored of Lolth can use dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow’s class levels. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Undercommon, Elven, Drow Sign Language. Bonus Languages: Any, excluding secret languages, like Druidic.
- Favored Class: Cleric
- Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|210 years||270 years||320 years||+9d% years4|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10" (Humanoid), 7' 6" (Hybrid)||+2d6||98 lb. (Humanoid) 410 lb. (Hybrid)||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 6" (Humanoid), 7' 2" (Hybrid)||+2d6||80 lb. (Humanoid) 320 lb. (Hybrid)||× (1d6) lb.|