Faerie (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Faeries are playful and whimsical, often favouring a non-serious approach over any other.
Faeries, in their natural form, are six to ten inches tall, looking like miniature Elves. Like their fey cousins the gnomes, a faerie's coloration borrows hues from nature. The most beautiful and exotic shades of the wild may manifest themselves in these tiny beings. It is not uncommon to see a faerie with skin the color of a new oak leaf, hair reminiscent of a summer rose, and eyes shining like the rare jewels of the deep.
In addition to their already beautiful and unnatural appearances, faeries have a pair of long, semi-transparent wings upon their backs. These wings often appear similar to those found in insects, whether they resemble the delicate green wings of the dragonfly or the more exotic shapes and colorations of butterflies. The style of these wings depends both on heredity and environment.
Faeries are friends of the natural world, and this deep-seated love for nature gives common ground between them and other fey races.
Fairies, while playful and occasionally mischievous, tend to be amiable and moderate in their deeds. They are typically good or neutral.
Faeries prefer to live within forests, being uneasy around civilization due to the dead wood.
Faeries tend to not straying far from their roots, often worshipping a deity that rules over forests.
Faeries tend to speak Elven, as elves more than often live near the small colonies of faeries. Common and any other languages that catch their interest are also spoken by faeries.
Faeries often have a given Elven name, followed by many descriptive and additional names that the Faerie happens to like the sound of or adequately describes their deeds or personality.
- +4 Charisma, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution: Faeries are beautiful with sweet, song-like voices and excel at intuitively solving problems, but their small frames and fragile wings make them physically delicate.
- Fey: The Faerie is given the Fey type for all spells, effects, and magical abilities, etc. that affect the fey type
- T/S/M: Faeries can change their size between these three size classes, gaining the appropriate bonuses for each.
- A Faerie's Tiny base land speed is 10 feet: Their flight speed is 60 (perfect). When Small or Medium, their land speed is increased by 10 for each step. A Small faerie has a flight speed of 30 (good). When Faeries are of Medium size, they cannot fly.
- Faerie Growth (Su): As a full round, at will action, a Faerie may change her size class one step up or down, though they are restricted to Tiny, Small and Medium sizes
- Transfixing Beauty (Su): This ability affects all humanoids within 20 feet of a Faerie. Those who look directly at a Faerie must succeed on a Will save or be transfixed upon the Faerie, unable to tear their eyes from the beautiful creature (the DC for this ability is 10+½ the character level + the character’s Charisma modifier). A Faerie can suppress or resume this ability as a free action.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Faeries with high intelligence scores can choose additional languages from the following: Celestial, Gnome, Draconic, Auran, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +2