Factions (Legacy of Darkness Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Faction are important to legacy of darkness, it grant special powers, privilege, roleplayability and many kind of thing. The most prominent factions are the Palantium empire, and the Confederation.
 List of Factions
 Major Factions
- The Palantium Empire: The strongest of all factions, they alone posses more power than all the other human kingdoms. They posses 36 Shards, 66% of the inner rings. They use a vast amount of mercenary (mostly conquered races) and few manage to get to officer post. The empire recently had problem with the succession, Potentate Magus XVII died recently, and the only 2 heirs remain are Madae his 32 years old daughter and Keames his 12 year old son. The imperial magistrate and the supreme council elected Kaemes as the new supreme potentate of the state. Madae who was suspected of black magic and demonbinding was not judged a worthy candidate for the post. In fact she swear vengeance to the council but remain at the side of her little brother. Many suspect manipulation and maybe eventually a coup.
- The Confederation: To be able to rival imperial influence and military resource all the nation who were partly conquered or threatened by the empire united in a confederation of independent nation, all the nations in confederations must be either fully democratic or constitutionals monarchies. Even with all the nations the confederation is not on par with the empire and it colonies. They manage to get a temporary truce through some miracle on the battlefield and a lot of diplomacy (and luck, the potentate died and the mess it caused obliged the legion to fall back into imperial territories just before dealing the finishing blow). The current ruler of the confederation is the president councillor Himoya, a young yet competent leader.
 Minor Factions
- Rebels: Rebels are many groups who decided to fight for their freedom, they are defeated nations mostly. They are disorganized and don't fight together, they are easily crushed by minor imperial effort. They have no leader and won't have one soon.
- The Triad of Absolute Darkness: No much is know about the organization, it is ruled by "Darkgod" and are a cult since before the time of the gods. Some say it come from another plane of existence but no one is sure. Current leader unknown
- Val'Ashera: The mysterious guild of evil demonbinder, that the only detail known. Some say the great circle leader is Lady Madae Abbas but those claims are obscure at best.
- Vil'Mashera: Another demonbinder guild, they bounded by hard laws, they are even more mysterious than the Val'Ashera their mortal enemy. the great circle leader identity is completely unknown.
- Void Pirate: Void pirate attack ships in the void between the shards, killing all mostly, they are rare on imperial or confederate territories but are much more common in the outer ring and between both rings.
- The Shining Crusaders: A band of knights coming from both the Empire and the Confederation, who only goal is to exterminate all undeads, evil outsiders and their servants/masters.