Exemplar (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
|Editing:||Constructive edits welcome|
|“||Through the power of light you shall be cleansed.||”|
|—Geridiel Omak, Bralani exemplar with a deadpan sense of humor.|
Becoming an Exemplar
Certain extraordinary exemplars of outsiders in the service of their respective deities are chosen for the honor of progressing in power and ability. Such creatures become unique. They may incur personalized physical and/or mental changes from their more general forms as their identities are forever mortared within the foundation of the planes.
|Type:||Any extraplanar outsider.|
|Skills:||Concentration 9 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 9 ranks|
|Spellcasting:||Must either be able to cast 7th level divine spells or possess at least one spell-like ability of 7th level or higher.|
|Patron:||Any one deity that has followers.|
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+2||Divine Power, Spell Power|
Class Skills (8 + Int modifier per level):
All of the following are class features of the exemplar.
Divine Power: An exemplar, being an outsider, has its innate supply of divine energy from which it draws its strength and power. When an exemplar gets stronger, its divine energy source swells as well, increasing its power, ability and skill.
At every class level, an exemplar may pick a power from the list below. In most cases, a specific power can be chosen more than once, with cumulative effects as stipulated within the power’s description. You cannot however take the same power two levels in a row.
- Damage Reduction (Ex): You gain DR 10/magic, or DR 5/material (choose either adamantine, cold iron or silver). Also, if you have an alignment subtype, you may take DR 5/opposed alignment. If you already have some form of DR, you may either add a new type of DR, or improve an existing DR by 5 points. If you have at least DR 15/magic or DR 15/alignment, you may use an instance of this power to turn any DR/magic you possess into DR/epic. This ability cannot give you more than one form of material or aligned damage reduction.
- Divine Grace (Ex): Gain your Charisma bonus as a bonus to all saving throws. This bonus is a sacred bonus if good, or a profane bonus if evil. Neutral outsiders may choose. This power can be chosen only once.
- Divine Might: Gain +2 to any two ability scores of your choice.
- Divine Shield (Ex): Gain your Charisma bonus as a bonus to Armor Class. This bonus is a sacred bonus if good, or a profane bonus if evil. Neutral outsiders may choose. This power can be chosen only once.
- Flight (Ex): You gain a pair of wings that give you a fly speed equal to double your base land speed, with good maneuverability. You may make your wings look like anything you want (including more than just two wings), as long as they still retain the shape of wings. If you already have flight, you double your current fly speed and increase your maneuverability stage by one (clumsy becomes poor, and average becomes good, etc.). This power can be taken twice (or once, if the character already has wings).
- Domain Mastery: You choose a domain that belongs to your deity. You may now cast all spells in that domain as spell-like abilities that may be used 1/day. If you choose domain mastery to the same domain more than once, the number of times you use that domain’s spells increase. At the second taking, you may use each domain spell as spell-like abilities 3/day, and at third taking you may use all spells within the domain as at will spell-like abilities. Any spell whose XP cost scales with the significance of the desired effect it produces has a maximum effective XP cost of 1,000×HD.
- Resistance to Energy (Ex): You gain resistance 10 to two types of energy of your choice, or two current energy resistances you possess increase by 5 points.
- Spell Resistance (Ex): You gain SR 12 + HD, or your existing SR increases by 5 points. This power can be chosen only once.
Spell Power: Outsiders that can cast spells like a certain spellcasting class (such as cleric or sorcerer) adds its Exemplar level to its effective spellcaster and caster level in that particular class for the sake of casting spells.
If the outsider in question has no innate spellcasting, it may exchange the Spell Power class feature for either one additional Divine Power, or one bonus feat every odd Exemplar level. An exemplar may choose any feat for its bonus feats, provided it meets the prerequisites.