Eternal Blade of the Revenant (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
Use Revenant Blade to treat both sides of a double scimitar as two-handed, pouncing for massive damage.
- Unearthed Arcana (Flaws)
- Tome of Battle
- Complete Warrior
- Player's Handbook 2
- Player's Guide to Eberron
- Expanded Psionics Handbook
- Magic Item Compendium
 Game Rule Components
- Force Screen to help your AC
Starting Ability Scores (Before Racial Adjustments): (Assuming 32 Point Buy) 16 14 16 10 12 8
Race (Templates): Wild Elf
|Saving Throws||Feats|| Class
|1st||Warblade 1||+1||+2||+0||+0||Bladebearer of Valenar, Power Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting||Battle Clarity, Weapon Aptitude|
|2nd||Warblade 2||+2||+3||+0||+0||Uncanny Dodge|
|3rd||Warblade 3||+3||+3||+1||+1||Combat Reflexes||Battle Ardor|
|5th||Warblade 5||+5||+4||+1||+1||Iron Heart Aura|
|6th||Psychic Warrior 1||+5||+6||+1||+1||Weapon Focus (Double Scimitar), Leap Attack|
|7th||Revenant Blade 1||+6||+6||+1||+3||Improved Bull Rush||Hero of the Valaes Tairn|
|8th||Revenant Blade 2||+7||+6||+1||+4||Shadows of the Past|
|9th||Revenant Blade 3||+8||+7||+2||+4||Shock Trooper, Improved Critical (Double Scimitar)|
|10th||Revenant Blade 4||+9||+7||+2||+5||Giant Slayer|
|11th||Revenant Blade 5||+10||+7||+2||+5||Weapon Specialization (Double Scimitar)||Legendary Force|
|12th||Warblade 6||+11||+8||+3||+6||Robilar's Gambit||Improved Uncanny Dodge|
|13th||Eternal Blade 1||+12||+10||+3||+6||Blade Guide, Eternal Training 1/day|
|14th||Eternal Blade 2||+13||+11||+3||+6||Guided Strike|
|15th||Eternal Blade 3||+14||+11||+4||+7||Stormguard Warrior||Armored Uncanny Dodge, Eternal Training 2/day|
|16th||Eternal Blade 4||+15||+12||+4||+7||Eternal Knowledge|
|17th||Eternal Blade 5||+16||+12||+4||+7||Eternal Training 3/day|
|18th||Warblade 7||+17||+12||+4||+7||Melee Weapon Mastery||Battle Cunning|
|19th||Eternal Blade 6||+18||+13||+5||+8||Defensive Insight|
|20th||Eternal Blade 7||+19||+13||+5||+8||Eternal Training 4/day|
At level 20: Warblade 7 / Psychic Warrior 1 / Revenant Blade 5 / Eternal Blade 7
 Items of Note
- Gloves of the Balanced Hand
- Cognizance Crystals (1 PP)
- Have your weapon be made of Abyssal Bloodiron (Planar Handbook) for an extra +4 to confirm critical hits.
- Both ends of your double scimitar count as two-handed weapons, allowing you to power attack for great damage.
- Combine Shock Trooper with Pouncing Charge and Dancing/Raging Mongoose.
- Assumed stats at level 20 when combining Shock Trooper, Pouncing Charge, and Raging Mongoose:
- Str: 16 (Base) + 5 (Level) + 6 (Item) + 5 (Tome) = 32 (+11)
- Attack Bonus: 19 (BAB) + 11 (Str) + 1 (Weapon Focus) + 5 (Magic) - 2 (Two-Weapon Fighting) + 2 (Charging) + 2 (Melee Weapon Mastery) = +38/+38/+38/+38/+38/+38/+33/+33/+28/+23
- Damage: 1d6 (Double Scimitar) + 5d6+5 (Magic) + 16 (Strength) + 2 (Weapon Specialization) + 2 (Melee Weapon mastery) + 76 (Leap Attack + Shock Trooper + Power Attack) = 6d6+101
- Total damage per attack comes out to 122 (on average). On average, when weighted against an AC of 40, this attack sequence deals 945.5 damage.
 Combat Tactics
- Charge for massive damage.
- Charge up a big attack with Avalanche of Blades before unleashing either Diamond Nightmare Blade or Time Stands Still.
- Get a bonus to attack and damage by combining Stormguard Warrior and Robilar's Gambit.
- With all the attacks you're making at a threat range of 15-20, be sure to stay in the Blood in the Water stance to get even stronger as combat continues.
 Munchkin-Size Me
- Get a Valorous weapon to double damage on charges.
- Difficult terrain, being unable to make full attacks, being unable to charge.
- Usual defences against meleers (distance, illusions, concealment, etc)
 DM Counters
- Defenses apart from AC (illusions, concealment, distance, etc)
- Tactical feat 'Elusive Target" allow to avoid extra damage from Power Attack feat, but PA-user still takes the corresponding penalty.
- Psionic power "Timeless Body" allow to ignore any damage, and since the PC will not be able to notice manifestation (Concentration check is really easy for high-level characters) of this power, his attack will be wasted, and he will find himself in a very dangerous situation. Especially if psion possess "Anticipatory Strike", "Schism" powers and "Extend Power", "Quicken power" feats.
- If you want Combat Brute, pick up Improved Sunder instead of Weapon Specialization as a bonus feat and replace Melee Weapon Mastery with Combat Brute. If you do so, you can also juggle feats to bring in Knowledge Devotion (Complete Champion) which synergizes well with Eternal Knowledge. If you bring in said feat, be sure to pick up the Collector of Stories skill trick in Complete Scoundrel.
- You can trade out the level of Psionic Warrior for any other class that grants a Weapon Focus at first level. Two of these possibilities include Swordsage for maneuvers and Fighter to maintain full BAB.