Eons (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Eons are a race of dragon-like humanoids that usually keep to themselves. They fled to Southern Island after their homeland was invaded by orcs thousands of years ago and have lived there ever since. Eons are always born as twins, one male and one female, and are connected to their twin with psychic powers.
Eons usually take on the form of a human or elf while outside of their lands. They keep to themselves and only interact with others when necessary. They will only reveal their true form to people who they feel they can trust; generally, these people have helped them fend off attackers. They share elves' hatred of orcs.
Adult Eons are typically just under 4ft. tall and weigh around 50lbs, with males being slightly larger than females. It is believed they used to be as tall as humans but living on islands for so long has made them shrink. Eons have swept back wings on their backs similar to jets that they use to fly. They are covered in a soft down that is white on the tops of their heads, necks, shoulders, and upper arms but is a different color for the patterns that cover their chests, stomachs, legs, forearms, and wings. The male's pattern is blue while the female's pattern is red. They also have a triangle on their chests that is the opposite the color for the rest of their pattern.
Eons generally keep to themselves on their chain of islands and rarely see other races but they generally get along best with elves, humans, and any dragon or dragon-like race.
Eons are usually Good.
Eons live on Southern Island and the small islands that surround it and their main city is Alto Mare. The islands are protected by a magic field created by the Soul Dew. This makes finding the island extremely difficult for non-eons and has protected them from invasion.
Eons generally worship dragon gods or the most common gods worshiped by humans and elves if they venture outside of their lands.
Eons speak Draconic as well as their own language with its own alphabet. Eon is a language that consists of high pitched cries, some of which are too high for a human to hear, which makes speaking their language impossible to creatures that cannot hear that high of pitches. However, it is possible, although difficult, to learn their written language, which uses symbols to denote different cries that make up the syllables of a word.
Eon names are usually impossible to pronounce outside of their own language, making it difficult to interact with other races. This is why eons who venture outside of their own lands choose human or elf names to correspond to whichever race they prefer to impersonate.
- +2 Int, +4 Cha, +2 Str, +2 Con (Males); +2 Wis, +4 Cha, +2 Str, +2 Con (Females): Eons are beautiful and friendly with males being more intelligent and females being wiser but their non-combative nature has made them weak and frail.
- Humanoid (Dragon)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Eons get no bonuses or penalties for their size.
- Eon base land speed is 40ft. feet: They have a fly speed of 80ft. with good maneuverability.
- Twin Sensing (Ex): Eons have the ability to always know where their twin is, as the spell Status.
- Sight Sharing (Ex): Eons can allow one twin to see what the other is currently seeing. The twin who is receiving the image can designate any creatures within 50 ft. to also share the image.
- 2/day—Invisibility (Ex). Caster level is equal to the Eon's level. The save DC is Charisma based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day—Alter Self. Caster level is equal to the Eon's level. The save DC is Charisma based. When you use this Spell-Like Ability, the duration is permanent until you end it as a free action and you can use it to assume the form of a specific individual.
- Automatic Languages: Draconic and Eon. Bonus Languages: Common and Elven.
- Favored Class: Illusionist (males) or Cleric (females).
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||225 years||300 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+2d4||45 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 5"||+2d4||40 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|