Elves, Winged (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Winged Elves
- 2 Vital Statistics
The winged elves known as Avariel by other elven races are a species of mercenary elves who took it upon themselves to make the world a more peaceful place for the elves. They never do anything without considering the effect it would have on their species and elves in general. The winged elves fought in six major wars. The first war was war against the dragons for control of the skies. Eventually it calmed down but left the winged elf population severely crippled. Their second war was a civil war. Eventually the winged elves managed to banish the hawk worshiping cult, they punished them by taking away their flight. However, they quickly used magic to take up traits of the hawk and became the "Raptorans". During the third war goblins were trying to take control of the forest for usage of the mining veins. However, the winged elves would not let them. The goblins allied with the raptorans to try to take over the forest but the elves fled through the haven realm taking their beloved forests with them. After that the five beacons were placed and what had belonged to the winged elves was replaced with desert that was inhospitable except for their thri-kreen allies who guard the desert till they return from the haven realm. Many years later, Kurtalmak and Grumush hid the misty isle in the haven realm. 10,000 years later winged elves returned confused as the world was in a worse condition than before.
A winged elf is much like any other elf. They are patient and aloof, however he or she has a short temper if someone harasses his family or culture because winged elves are all close.
Winged elves have long hair and it can be in a variety of colors the same applies for eyes but they usually match they have a 10 foot wingspan and are otherwise similar to high elves.
Dwarves are hard for winged elves to get along with because of their opposite domains and behaviors. The only thing they share is sometimes the general region. Gnomes are a bit easier to get along with, but not that much due to domain. They share a common usage of magic. Orcs are hated by the winged elves and so is their spawn half orcs. They view all elves as friends, even evil species, because the winged elves believe that all elves should live together in unity regardless of the past and would go to the lengths of slaying a deity to achieve that unity. Winged elves view humans as corrupters of the elves and do not understand them and their practices. Previously the winged elves viewed them as allies, but because of all the damage dealt to the wilderness by the humans and the prevention of the creation of full blooded elves by mating with elves, they are regarded with fear. Half elves are viewed as a race that can be helped because winged elves have spells that can bring out their elvish blood, however they believe that any who turn them down on these offers is viewed as a lost cause. Winged elves hate dragons because they were nearly driven to extinction by them. Winged elves have great relationships with treants, centaurs and good & neutral fey. Winged elves view halflings as allies and will often help guard halfling caravans winged elves and halflings share the same love of family. Winged elves hate raptorans and view them as traitors and will kill them on sight in the wilderness. Winged elves also hate goblins for war with them forced them to flee to the haven realm. Winged elves regard lizardfolk as allies as they too live in harmony with nature.
Winged elves are usually true neutral.
- adept: normal, even weak spellcasters are useful to the winged elves;
- aristocrat: rare, there is almost no winged elf noble families;
- barbarian: none, winged elves shun these uncivilized people;
- bard: abundant, winged elves love music;
- beguiler: common, enchantments are loved by winged elves;
- cleric: common, the Winged Elves are particularly religious,but do not try to preach their beliefs.
They almost exclusively worship Aerdrie Faenya, the Elven Goddess of Air and Weather.
- commoner: none, winged elves are extremely war-ready;
- dragon shaman: none (pre 5th war) or uncommon (after 5th war, metallic & green only);
- druid: abundant, druids were created by the winged elves;
- duskblade: common (obvious);
- expert: normal;
- fighter: common;
- monk: none, winged elves are not bound by the law in their beliefs;
- paladin: none (see cleric);
- ranger: abundant;
- rogue: common;
- sorcerer: none, until after 5th war;
- warrior: abundant, war ready people;
- wizard: abundant, needless to say;
Winged elves tend to inhabit gigantic forests and live in the treetops.
Winged Elves are particularly religious, but do not try to preach their beliefs. They almost exclusively worship Aerdrie Faenya, the Elven Goddess of Air and Weather.
Winged elves speak old elven, old common and elven they can learn any language including extinct ones and old dialects with time and using up two languages they can learn a secret language.
Art & Culture
in winged elf culture young are produced to keep the species alive, only sometimes out of love but winged elves mate for life (till death) but will reproduce with others if the community demands it (example: different subspecies) winged elves often being immortal will spend immensely long periods of time alone with the one it loves (even years)in winged elf culture mating is an optional practice and doesn't happen before adulthood
A winged elf receives a name from both parents a clan name a within clan name for each clan (only one after adulthood ceremony) a childhood nickname any names acquired from other cultures (as marks of acceptance) any adulthood nicknames and the right of passage name.
- +2 Strength +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Winged elves are often aloft so they developed better strength and dexterity due to their flight they are more graceful even on land.
- Humanoid (elf, feyblood)
- Medium-size: No bonuses or penalties however when aloft treat as large size for AC purposes.
- Winged elf base land speed is 30 feet: Winged elves have a glide speed of 40ft and a fly speed of (30 at level 1 with average maneuverability 40 at level 5 with good maneuverability and 50 at level 10 with perfect maneuverability).
- Low light vision
- +2 to Spot, Move Silently, Survival, Search, Knowledges, and Perform. These skills are added to a winged elves class list.
- Automatic Languages: Elven & Avariel. Bonus Languages: Any (including secret languages but they count as two languages an they can learn old languages[mainly in ancient tomes or ruins])
- Favored Class: Druid and Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|2500 years||4000 years||5000 years||N/A (immortal) years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 5"||+2d6"||125 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|
|Female||6'||+2d6"||115 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|