Elves, Variant Jungle (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Jungle Elves are a tribal based people. They often live in tribes that number from 10-30 members. Their families are the number one priority. They are a patriarchal civilization. The males greatest role is to provide and to protect. It is the greatest dishonor for a male to fail his family. However many males stay in their communities to teach the young while the females hunt and gather. Females are treated with great respect and honor. A female is more attractive if she is a good huntress. Tribes are run by a head shaman who is selected by a shamanic family. Only males can be a leader shaman and it is very rare that two shamans live in one tribe. Jungle elves are very loyal to their tribe. Once a pair has coupled they mate for life and to leave a kinship is a great taboo, commonly punishable by death or banishment. Jungle elves hate Youst, a monstrous plant race that resembles a large bear. However they live in harmony with other races of nature.
Jungle elves have dark brown skin that is lined with natural stripes like those of a tiger. They have a slim build like that of their elf brethren. Their hair is always black and curled. Their eyes are commonly yellow or orange and are cat like. Their ears point like elves however they are slightly uneven commonly. They grow out their finger nails and decorate them with black paints to resemble claws of a tiger. They often wear Hide and clothes made of tiger fur. They all have masks of a tiger, which every jungle elf must kill in order to reach adulthood. Their teeth are filed down to be sharp like those of the tiger.
Jungle elves hate Youst, a monstrous plant race that resembles a large bear. However they live in harmony with other races of nature. "Civilized" races make jungle elves uneasy, and relations are often tense.
Their strange cat like nature makes these peoples mildly chaotic. However they are commonly very in tune with order and peace in the universe and wish to do the world good.
They find themselves most comfortable in the deepest parts of the thickest jungles. Jungle elves are often seen in tree houses connected by vines and bridges.
Jungle elves often worship the spirit of the tiger. They model much of their lives after the large cat.
Jungle elves speak Elven and any other normal language of the material plane.
Male names might be Juubi, Kilog, Hentiru, Yeewi, Guaw, female names might be Tamila, Theela, Kealusa, Urlea, Mearn. Also their names are always followed by their home tribe so an example would be Kilog of the Sharptooth tribe or Urlea of the FeatherStripe tribe.
- Abilities: (+2 Dex +2 Str -2 Int -2 Cha -2 Con -2 Wis) Life in the jungle has made these elves very good at hunting and fighting however they have become more primitive than their elf cousins.
- Species: Humanoid (Elves)
- Size: Medium size
- Speed: Jungle elves have a base land speed of 30ft and a climb speed of 10ft
- Guardians of the Wood: Jungle elves have a natural kinship to the jungle. They take no negatives to movement while in jungles or forests.
- Low Light Vision: Jungle elves have low light vison (x2)
- Skills: Jungle elves recieve a +2 Circumstance on all hide and move silently checks
- Natural climbers: Jungle elves take a +8 on all climb checks and ability to take 10 on all climb checks even when threatened
- Weapon Proficiency: Jungle elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- Automatic Languages:Elven
- Bonus Languages: Any languages of the material plane
- Favored Class: Ninja, Monks, and Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +0
|60 years||+0 age modifier for simple classes (i.e. Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorcerer) -->||+10 age modifier for moderate classes (i.e. Bard, Fighter, Paladin, and Ranger) -->||+20 age modifier for complex classes (i.e. Cleric, Druid, Monk, and Wizard) -->|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||400 years||550 years||800 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6'2||+1d4||75 lb.||times 1d4 lb.|
|Female||5'9||+1d4||65 lb.||×1d4 lb.|