Elves, Variant Drow (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
Drow Racial Traits
Drows (Cavern Elves):
- +4 Dex -2 Con: Elves have incredible hand-eye coordination, but seem to lack bodily resistance to sickness and have a low pain threshold.
- Sleepless: Elves only need 4 hours of rest instead of 8. During these 4 hours, they don't sleep, but instead go into a meditative trance, during which they are completely aware of their surroundings, and cannot be surprised. Since Elves do not and cannot sleep, they are completely immune to ALL types of spells, charms, curses, or other effects that cause sleep, unconsciousness, feinting, or that would effect the drow while he was in that state.
- Elven Senses: Elves have heightened senses. As such, they receive a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search, & Spot checks. At 5th Level, this bonus changes to +4, and at 15th level it becomes +6.
- Drow are proficient with all simple weapons, one armor proficiency, and one exotic weapon proficiency of choice.
- Drow Elves are incredible jumpers, and receive a +10 to all Jump checks.
- Poison Blood: A Drows blood is highly poisonous. By doing 1 point of damage to themselves, a Drow can apply her blood to any slashing or piercing weapon. A person who is hit with a weapon that has poison on it must succeed at a Fort save (DC: 20) or be knocked unconcious for 1d12 hours. Drow are immune to the poison. The poison lasts on a weapon until it hits something. (Can be applied to arrows or bolts with the same effect except if you do 1 point of damage to yourself, you can apply poison to 5 arrows.)
- A Drow has a base speed of 30 feet,
- Darkvision at 120 feet
- All Drow have the spells faerie fire, dancing lights, and darkness (1' to 10' diameter. Chose size at time of casting.) as innate spells available a number of times equal to the drows level per day.
- Favored Class: Any
- Languages: Common, Drow, Drow Sign
- Bonus Languages: Any
- ECL: +2 (This might change, it could be a +3)
- Only females can be ba'queshel, or a "bard" of sorts who uses clerical spells via singing. Males can be deathsingers, who use songs of travesties and dark events to influence the tone of a battle.