Elves, Tenebrous (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Due to the particulars of the creation of the Tenebrous, flights of elvish fancy and amusement are seldom with the dour and contemplative Tenebrous. They are consummate trackers, following their marks with a patience that would rival most focused dwarves. Conversation tends to be brief and to the point, and anyone coming away from such a cursory dialogue often feels the Tenebrous divulged absolutely no information. Needless to say, the other races have a tendency to label the elves as impersonal and detached. Despite this , the Tenebrous are not inclined to derisive remarks or egotistical goading.
Tenebrous elves are of medium height and slim, standing about 5 feet to just under 6 feet. Like their High elf predecessors , they are graceful but frail, with the elven men the same height and only marginally heavier than the elven female. Their skin is almost always pale and the color of their hair is typically dark, with deep brown eyes. Tenebrous elves grow no body or facial hair . In any light except total illumination , the Tenebrous elves seem to be outlined by a slight shadowy aura. This aura allows the Tenebrous to blend into shadows, making them exceedingly capable of stealth and remaining unseen.
The Tenebrous are unfailing and consistent. Following law is ingrained into the personality of these elves. It is their nature to be neutral in regards to the good versus evil axis.
- +4 Dexterity , -2 Constitution -2 Charisma : The Tenebrous are fluid fighters , displaying tremendous agility and speed. Like their high elf cousins the Tenebrous are less hardy physically and their shadowy nature makes interaction with other races difficult at times.
- base land speed is feet: 30
- Low Light Vision : Tenebrous elves can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of shadowy illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- +2 racial bonus versus spells with the [Shadow] descriptor : Tenebrous elves have an innate connection to the Plane of Shadow making them resilient against spells from the Shadows.
- Hide in Plain Sight (Su): A Tenebrous elf can use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as he is within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, he can hide himself from view in the open without having anything to actually hide behind.
- +2 racial bonus to Spot and Hide checks
- Light Vulnerability - In bright sunlight or areas of complete illumination , Tenebrous elves suffer a -2 circumstance penalty to AC, and a -4 circumstance penalty to their Hide skill.
- Spell-Like Abilities: A Tenebrous Elf with a Wisdom score of atleast 10 has the following spell like abilities: 1/day : Displacement, Silent Image and Arcane Mark.. Caster level is equal to HD of the Tenebrous elf. Save DC is equal to 10+ spell level+ Wis of Tenebrous elf.. .
- Automatic Languages: Elven, common . Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan..
- Favored Class: Ranger or Duskblade .
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|