Elves, Syphoner (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Siphoner Elves (Manna'dei Elves)
Manna'dei, commonly known as Sihponer Elves typically have a sense of cold logic and rarely get emotionally invested in this that they don't deem important, but when a goal or cause is dear to them, a Manna'dei Elf will pursue it with every fiber of their being. When a Manna'dei has been unable to feast on arcane energy for a long time, they get edgy and irritable. The Manna'dei can physically see the magic lines of energy that run through everything that exists, and must draw on it periodically as they get "hungry", getting more or less energy depending on the object, person, or material they draw from. Any attempt by a Manna'dei to explain how this works to another race was met with confused glances.
 Physical Description
They are physiologically similar to their elven cousins, their only difference being an array of glowing arcane "tattoos" on their skin, the color varying between individuals and the degree of glow intensifying with a Manna'dei's increasing power. Some of the lines lead into their eyes, which also glow.
The Manna'dei are a race of outsiders; are few and far between outside of their fragmented cities, and are generally looked down upon by other elves, while the other races look at them with awe and fear, typically believing the stereotypes given to them by their elf cousins, who make them out to be selfish magic abusers that lust for power. While that is true of most past Manna-dei and some of the race in modern times, many of the current race struggle to deal with the power that is a blessing and a curse.
Manna'dei that live in their secluded cities lean towards Lawful Neutral, while Manna'dei travelers tend to be Neutral, but a Manna'dei is capable of pursuing any morality with the utmost zeal.
The Manna'dei's ancestors built great cities in isolated ancient forests, but as their population dwindled the great cities are now falling to ruin, though still populated by those Manna'dei that still cling to Order.
The Manna'dei sparsely devote themselves to a deity, but those who do typically revere Boccob, the God of Magic. Others have been known to worship Pelor or St. Cuthbert.
Manna'dei speak Elvish as their primary language, but with an accent and dialect that can make them hard to understand to other speakers of elvish.
Example Male Names: Jalyk, B'lorran, Illit'ket
Example Female Names: Mel'Dorei, Felle'nah, Myra'nei
 Racial Traits
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution: The Manna'dei share the same strengths and weaknesses as normal elves do, but their knowledge of the inner workings of magic increases their brain capacity.
- Humanoid (Elven): The Manna'dei are elves, however distorted.
- Medium: No bonus
- Manna'dei base land speed is 30.
- Arcane Affinity (Ex): When playing a class that uses arcane spells, the character can cast one extra spell per day. If the character has no levels in such a class, then they can choose one 1st-level spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard list that they can cast once every time they siphon power from a living, undead, or magically created creature. (see Siphon Power)
- Arcana Drain (Sp): The Manna'dei have the ability (and need) to draw arcane energy from an external source. When within arm's reach of an enemy, the player makes a touch attack to use the ability. If successful, the attack reduces the foe's Strength and Intellect by 2, while increasing the character's scores by 2 for 1d4 hours. This special ability can only be used once per combat and a maximum of three times per day. If the character does not use this ability at least once per day, they will take a penalty of -2 to Strength and Intellect until they do, which will continue to decrease every day they don't use it. When their scores reach 0, they die. The character can use this special on other things than those previously listed (see Arcane Affinity) like trees, rocks, etc., but they do not receive the bonus to their ability scores or the bonus spell.
- Automatic Languages: Elven and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|