Elves, Shadow (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A Shadow Elf is very timid and shy towards outsiders in general, often seeking refuge in any form of shadow to avoid talking to outsiders. However as timid and shy they are, once they have learned to place their trust in others they will become rather talkative. Of course not every Shadow elf will do this, as some can be rather stubborn about actually placing their trust to outsiders. It's not uncommon for a Shadow Elf to withhold information about themselves, places such as their home, or anything they find interesting towards outsiders.
A Shadow Elf is built much like a High Elf and has similar features. The only parts that really set them apart is their Purple/blackish skin, their eye color tends to be a dimmer cyan and their hair color is often blonde, but there are shadow elves that have darker hair color.
Shadow Elves don't have the best relations with other races outside of their fellow elves. Although some outsiders do visit them with peaceful intentions, that is not always the case. Many Shadow elf cities have been pillaged and razed, with denizens of the city often taken as slaves or trophies, depending on the race and their purpose for attacking the city.
A Shadow Elves tend to be either chaotic or neutral. Due to their history, they don't really like to follow the rules set down by other races and have a grudge against rules and laws in general, they do whatever they can to make themselves stand out of the laws set down by one race and strive to be their own.
Like many of their kind, Shadow Elves prefer to live in forest areas where they can bring out their potential as elves while still being their own kind of the whole Elf lineage. However, they cannot afford to establish any more large cities due to the hostile outsiders, and no longer have a capitol to call their own. Instead they live in communities and colonies as well as small villages hidden from the world's ever preying eyes.
Shadow Elves follow one religion, the main Elvin deity Corellon Larethian, since their ancestry comes from him. Of course there are certain communities or colonies that follow other deities that have elves as their main group of followers. Of course this makes them rather limited to what they will accept from outside races that follow other deities.
Shadow Elves are fluent in Common, Elven, Sylvan and Spirit tongue as they have the most need of these languages. Although they tend to only learn these, they will learn any language that they find interesting to talk in.
Shadow Elves have the same naming process as most other races of course they have a wider mixture for their names as they tend to mold human and elven names together to create their own unique names.
- -4 Strength, +5 Charisma, +9 Dexterity, +5 Intelligence. A Shadow elf isn't very strong when it comes to physical strength but they use their good looks to their advantage to gather any kind of information to help them, they are also highly skilled with their hands and can do more things with them, they also have a better health then most elves since they have been forced to adapt themselves to how they have been treated.
- Fast Healing: The Shadow Elf gains fast healing equal to HD/3 (minimum +1, round down). This fast healing only applies when the elf is in a shadowy area.
- Humanoid (Augmented Elf) The Shadow elves are augmented on a mental level due to their past and able to over come most problems that concerns them
- Medium: A Shadow Elf does not gain a AC bonus due to their size
- Shadow Elf base land speed is 40 feet: 30 feet swim
- Hunters of the shadow (Su): When there are shadows that occur naturally or at night the shadow they gain +4 to hide and move silently they also gain a sneak attack from their weapons of choice and catch their target by surprise so the enemy is counted as flat-footed.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): A shadow elf is rather sensitive to bright light. It takes a -2 penalty to its Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution while in lighting conditions brighter than shadowy.
- Master bow user (Ex): Shadow Elves get +2 to accuracy when using a bow and to damage as well as the ability to fire a secondary arrow with poison or a element of choice but it needs to be able to be handled firstly.
- Elf Traits (Ex): A Shadow Elf gains Immunity to Magic sleep effect, +2 racial saving throws against enchantment spells or effects, +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, they also have Low-Light vision and Darkvision and gain weapon proficiency for Longbow (composite longbow) Shortbow (composite shortbow).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan and Spirit tongue. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc and any class specific language but most be of that Class.
- Favored Class: Bard, Rogue
- LA: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||400 years||600 years||+4d% years years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 00”||+2d6||90 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4’ 50”||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|