Elves, Luck (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Luck elves (also known as fortune's favored, chance elves, fortune elves, and gamble folk) seem to like calling themselves by different names just to confuse other folk. Many other races believe that chance elves are several different elven subraces. They are daring, playful, and generally light-hearted and prefer a bardic career but still have a nack for magic.
Fortune's favored are a notoriously slippery and clever race. It's almost impossible to get a straight answer from one, even when holding a knife to their throat (as many enemies have discovered).
Fortune elves have a wide variety of skin tones, but usually have light hair. They are about as tall and weigh as much high elves. Luck elves often have gold, blue, silver, or green eyes.
Luck elves often travel in small gypsy bands and there are very few permanent settlements, but they can also be found on the open seas.
Chance elves in the traditional D&D setting worship Olidammara or Hecance Karm, an elven deity of luck and cleverness. if you use Gamble folk in the Faerun setting, they worship Erevan Iesere.
Fortune elves speak Elven, Common and any other languages thet catch their interest.
The luck elves name themselves much like other elves. They often have the same names as their race.
Male: Chance, Lucky, Midas, Auspice.
Female: Fortuna, Karma, Manna, Kismet.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, −2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
- Humanoid (Elf) base land speed is 30 ft.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
- +1 luck bonus on all saving throws.
- Darkvision 60ft
- Immunity to magic sleep effects.
- Automatic weapon proficiency with the longsword and rapier.
- +2 luck bonus on a single skill (chosen on character creation).
- Automatic languages: Elven, Common. Bonus languages: Any.
- Favored class: Bard or Sorcerer.