Elves, Jekka Dusk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Elves, Dusk (Jekkan)
The origins of the Dusk Elves can be traced back to the Wood elves who lived in the Grove of the Premordial Night. It is unclear why the Grove is enshrouded from the light of dawn, nor why the Elves entered the Grove in the first place, they most certainly underwent fascinating changes. From their hair to their skin and even their physique, they emerged from the Grove as an entirely separate people from their Woodland cousins.
Due to their narcissistic nature Dusk elves typically come off as jerks to people they just meet, and they are all the more rude when they are agitated. When among friends, they tend to be nicer but still has a tinge of jerkiness. Many Dusk elves find it difficult to be modest or generous to anyone beneath them in rank or stature.
Dusk Elves, also called Jekka, are taller and thinner than most elves. Their skin is pale, and their hair is either black (usually for males), or dark crimson (females). Brown or white hair is quite rare, while blonde hair is impossible.
Dusk elves often find themselves enstranged from other races and civilizations due to their supremacist disposition. They compulsively argue that their race is the greatest among all others. If their friends are of different races, they try their best not to enter such a debate unless invoked.
Dusk Elves are any alignment but Lawful Good. The is no such thing as a Lawful Good dusk elf.
Dusk Elves prefer nice, rather temperate forests. On occasion a Dusk elf may be found residing in the city.
Dusk elves worship their own deity, Kesd Lesve, a deity of chaos, luck, and magic. however, many dusk elves also worship another elf deity, or none at all.
Dusk Elves speak Common and Jekkan. Dusk Elves with a better intelligence can also learn certain other languages.
- +6 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –4 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Dusk elves are extraordinarily nimble and cunning, but they are less sturdy and more reserved and stoic than their cousins.
- Humanoid (Elf): Dusk elves are one of the many sub-races of elves.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, dusk elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Dusk elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A dusk elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Darkvision (Su): Dusk elves have Darkvision out to 120 feet. A dusk elf cannot distinguish color and detail with Darkvision but she can still function.
- Weapon Proficiency: Dusk elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the shortsword, rapier, shortbow (including composite shortbow), as bonus feats. Dusk elves also receive proficiency with the shuriken, light crossbow, hand crossbow, and dart.
- Armor Proficiency: Dusk elves are proficient with light and padded armor only.
- Spell-like abilities: CL 5th, can be cast a number of times equal to the Dusk Elf's Cha modifier per day. Deeper Darkness, Invisibility. Using these spell-like abilities is a free action that can be used once per round.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Jekkan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Infernal, Elven, and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass Dusk Elf’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing. Special note: a Dusk Elf does NOT take an experience point penalty for multiclassing when taking levels in Assassin.
- Level Adjustment:+1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|