Elves, Grel (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Linage of Elf that didn't run under ground during the Great War
Grel elves forever lurk in the minds of those that are within their reach. They are the antithesis of civilization - they are destroyers. They are a warrior race instilled with a deep sense of wanderlust. The grel were born to fight, yet strangely they refuse to fight en masse or adopt the rank and file military discipline which their elven cousins have proven so adept in. The grel prefer the element of fear, surprise and evil cunning when it comes to the art of war. It comes natural to them and great armies dread any prospect that involves fighting these proud warriors. The Grel never fight fair.
Looking similar to elves in most respects they tend to wear earth tones to blend into their environment. They have grey skin and black hair and tend to be the same height as their hated elf cousins.
They hate everyone, specifically Elves, Pixies, Fairies and the drow and will seek to kill these targets first before moving on.
Most are chaotic evil to lawful evil. There have been some that have been good aligned but those are normally outcasts and have been kicked out of their home tribe for being weak.
Grel are extremely adaptive and will conform to any terrain they find themselves in. They are nomads, and so will only stay in a area for so long.
Grel worship one of three Gods. Anruya, godess of vengeance, who leads the pantheon, Gronfry, god of war, and Wromgong, god of death and the tribe. All the gods in this pantheon are greater status.
Each tribe has its own language but all grel speak Grevan, the grelish trader language. Besides that they can speak any other language, but few do "Why should we learn the tongue of lesser beings?"
The names of grel are as varied as their tribal languages, but all will mean something fierce.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution
- Humanoid (Elf)
- Grel's base land speed is 30ft: Grel can move though undergrowth as if open ground.
- War Cry (Sp): Enemies that hear the War Cry of the grel must save at -5 or lose their attack (DC= 10 + Charisma + level) can only be used once per day.
- Hunter (Sp): Grel are invisble in natural surroundings and automatically move silently and hide in shadows. but only when wearing light armor or Elven Chain.
- Evil (Ex): Grel character can move their alignment down the good-evil axis one space (this means Grel Rangers can be CN) however this does not work with divine spell casting classes (such as Paladin or a good Cleric) they must be good aligned.
- Automatic Languages: Grel Tribal Lanuage, Grevan. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Orc, Giant, Glersee, Gnomish, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Any.
|100 years||+ 5d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||233 years||350 years||+ 4d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|