Elves, Dusk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dusk elves are the descendants of a grand and lost civilization, one that arguably precedes any other. They are one of the three original elf subraces, (the other two being the drow and the wild elves) and from them came vast magical marvels and works of freedom and goodness. They invented some of the oldest spells, and they were the first to form the traditions of the bards and duskblades. However, eventually the dusk elves greed for magical might overwhelmed them. Their wizards made dark pacts with demon lords and formed the first warlocks, gaining even more arcane power. What happened afterward is unclear, but one thing is certain. The dusk elves destroyed themselves and their nation, and the last remaining dusk elves sought refuge with their few remaining elven allies. thus the descendants of the dusk elves survive to this day, in a shattered and ruined form.
Dusk elves are rather quiet but can also speak forcibly and commandingly. They also have a gift to draw a startlingly large amount of information from a target just from one conversation. They look upon other races with subtle amusement and bitter sarcasm. They possess a natural grace and confidence.
Dusk elves are generally about 5' 7" and weigh around 112 lb, with males, and females are taller and thinner. They have dark skin, hair, eyes and they have pointed ears like all elves.
Dusk elves are the only known elf subrace to have dealings with both the surface elves and the drow. They are slightly arrogant toward other races.
Dusk elves tend toward neutrality and chaos.
Dusk elves no longer have lands of their own, but often live among other elves (including drow.) Some still live among the haunted ruins of their lost civilization.
Dusk elves worship their own deity, Kesd Lesve, a deity of chaos, luck, and magic. However, many dusk elves also worship another elf deity, or none at all.
Dusk elves speak elven, common and undercommon. They also try to learn as many other languages as possible.
- Male: Crest, Kandle, Zair, Daevian, Eiodel, Nialo, Dayskar, Kjajj, Rafter, Caezat.
- Female: Kinneste, Aris, Qinasa, Cena, Delalia, Verralsa, Taerine, Rain, Iliona.
Dusk elves often have normal elf names as well, or object names.
- +4 Intelligence,+2 Charisma, +2 Strength, -2 Wisdom. Dusk elves are more charismatic, tougher, and have better reflexes then average elves, but are more reckless and impatient.
- Medium Humanoid.
- Dusk elves base land speed is 40 ft.
- Darkvision: out to 60 feet. A Dusk Elf can see perfectly in total darkness out to 60 feet making it easy for them to associate themselves with Drow.
- Unearthly Grace (su): as long as a dusk elf wears light or no armor, they may add their Charisma bonus to their AC.
- Immunity to Sleep effects, and a +3 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Sense Motive, Intimidate, Move Silently, Hide, Spot, and Listen checks.
- +2 racial bonus on will saves against enchantments and illusions.
- Dusk elves take an additional 1 point of dmg from Cold Iron weapons.
- Automatic weapon proficiency with the Bastard sword, Longsword, Longbow, Rapier, Ranseur, and Shortbow (including composite shortbow).
- Any Dusk Elf who passes within 5 ft of a secret door is entitled to a search check as though actively searching for it.
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Common, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Giant, Draconic, Gnoll, Sylvan, Goblin, Orc, Dwarven, Abyssal, Infernal, Celestial.
- Favored Class: Bard, Duskblade, Wizard, or Warlock. Choose one at 1st level.
- LA: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|160 years||254years||350years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 7"||+2d6||112lb.||15 ×(1d6)lb.|
|Female||5' 5"||+2d6||100lb.||10 ×(1d6)lb.|