Elves, Daemon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Daemon elves normally just try to go about their everyday lives, whatever those may be. Because of their lack of hesitation, if not eagerness, to fight, male daemon elves are often employed as mercenaries, guards or bouncers at taverns and places of entertainment. Females, being less violent and quite a bit more graceful than their male counterparts, often find work as entertainers of various kinds or magic-based workers for those with the magical gift. Females are often quite a bit more charming and alluring than their male counterparts due to a lack of violent tendencies. Both genders of single daemon elves tend to be promiscuous, the race as a whole having a lax view of premarital sex, but once married a daemon elf is expected to be completely faithful to their partner to the point of dying rather than betraying them. They also reach maturity much faster than other elves, adding to their lifetime of desire.
Daemon elves are normally the same average height and weight as other elves, and just as slim and graceful as their fellows as well, but their physical features can only even begin to be compared to the Drow. Their skin is ash-gray, their hair is usually black, gray or white, their eyes are normally varying shades of red, and they all have red markings on their faces and bodies. These markings are as unique as fingerprints, with no two daemon elves bearing the same shapes, locations and patterns of marks.
Interestingly, daemon elves get along with nearly any other race better than other elves. Those who enjoy combat often appreciate the company of male daemon elves, while races that appreciate beauty will often find themselves attracted to females of this race. Anyone of any race searching for a good time will usually find a single daemon elf willing to spend a night with them, however.
Daemon elves are spread all across the board on alignment, members of their race not limiting themselves to certain alignments. The alignment of a particular daemon elf will mostly depend on the personality of that specific individual.
Daemon elves are traditionally from mountainous areas where their gray skin can blend in with the stone, but they have currently spread out and can be found nearly anywhere there is civilization.
A daemon elf will often adopt the religion of their home area, taking into account their own personal feelings. Unlike some other elves, daemon elves do not consider themselves protected by any one diety.
Your average daemon elf child will learn to speak Common and Elven from a young age, but many choose to study other languages for reasons important to them. Their native tongue, being elves, is Elven.
Daemon elf names are often taken from other cultures, although Elven names are still most common. Examples include:
Male: Kalther, Leonhardt, Zerva, Talthane, Vashtor, Wyrr.
Female: Fyuria, Noeline, Ellise, Vira, Wynn, Valeria, Lavinia, Hildegard.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Daemon elves, due to years of handling weapons and making graceful moves, have dexterity that surpasses most other races, but their reputation for being violent and bloodthirsty makes others wary of them.
- Humanoid (Elf): Their appearance may differ greatly from the norm for their overall race, but daemon elves are still elves.
- Medium: None
- Daemon elves' base land speed is 30 feet.
- Daemon Fist (Ex): Daemon elves are proficient with unarmed combat, so much so that their bodily strikes are more lethal than those of any other race. Daemon elves get +1 on all unarmed damage rolls.
- Tolerance (Ex): Daemon elves often spend their free time drinking, giving them an unnaturally high tolerance to alcohol. Daemon elves can consume an amount of extra drinks equal to half their normal amount.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Giant, Gnoll.
- Favored Class: Any physical combat-based class (Fighter, Brawler, Myrmidon, etc.) for males, any magical/psionic (All Psions, Ascendant, Wizard, Sorceror, etc.) or support (Bard, Dancer, etc.) class for females.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||140 years||200 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10"||+1d6||170 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d6||110 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|