Elves, Ash (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Ash Elves are a secretive branch of the Elven family that stresses stealth and speed.
Ash elves are normally a quiet, introverted, and intellectual race of elf. They usually tend to be a curious, and greedy bunch. Their minds tend to work a little differently than that of a normal elf, being able to swiftly evaluate anything from odds of success to others intentions, a little faster than normal.
Ash elves have light hair (ranging from pure white to a smoky gray), medium skin, and strange cat-like eyes that can be basically any color there is. They stand shorter than the average elf ranging between 4'3" to 5'0", and weigh around 90 to 110 lbs. Ash Elves reach adult hood at the age of 100, and they live to be at least 650 years of age but some have been seen to live to 700 years.
Ash elves view most non-elven creatures with varying degrees of contempt. The only way to rise in status in an Ash Elves eyes is to prove yourself in battle, whether it be by Strength, Speed, or Stealth. If you can prove to an Ash Elf that you are a worthy being, you will always have an ally, whether they travel with you or you part ways the Ash Elf will never forget you and if you ever cross paths again and need assistance they will always be willing to help. There is only one type of humanoid Ash Elves hate above all, and that is the Drow. If you ever see a Drow and Ash Elf in the same space it is either because the Ash Elf is of one of the Evil alignments or they are fighting to the death.
Most Ash Elves are Lawful Neutral. But some have been spotted and noted as evil, mostly of the Chaotic Evil alignment.
Ash Elves form their own Cities in out of the way locations where they can study and train in peace. The only ones allowed in these cities are Elves, or those that have truly proven themselves worthy of their time.
Ash elves normally don't follow any particular religion, but some will worship the deity Corellon Larethian,the god of the elves, but when they don't worship any God or follow any religion they try finding the path to spiritual and physical perfection.
Ash elves speak common and elven, and have their own form of sign language. The Elven script, as flowing as the spoken word, also serves as the script for Sylvan, the language of dryads, and Pixies, and many other races.
Ash elves have the same naming rule as high elves.
- +2 Dexterity, -1Charisma, +2 Wisdom
- Medium Humanoid (elf).
- base land speed for the Ash Elf is 45 ft.
- Low-Light Vision:An Ash Elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immunity to Sleep effects, and a +3 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Move Silently, Hide, Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Jump, Climb, Balance, Tumble and Spot checks.
- -2 racial penalty on Diplomacy checks with non-elves.
- An Ash Elf who passes within 5 ft of a secret door is entitled to a search check as though actively searching for it.
- Automatic Weapon Proficiency with the Rapier, Two-bladed sword, Ranseur, Short sword, and Shortbow (including composite shortbow).
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Common, Ash Elf Sign. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Draconic, Orc, Goblin, Infernal, Celestial, Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Monk or Ninja (Rogue).
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|460 years||554years||650years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|