Elven Nymph (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Very similar to normal elves
An Elven Nymph has a slim body, Males and Females are about the same size as an Elf. Weight being the only difference with the female being lighter. They are one of the more graceful races and can even outlive their elven ancestors. Their skin is a pale tone, with hair colors such as a copper color, brown, and blonde. The eyes are angular just like the elves with hues ranging from brown, green, blue, gold, and several other colors. Their ears are long and taper into a point.
The Elven Nymphs view the elves as almost family. Since that they are very close in blood and may even choose partners of that race. The Elven Nymph fits in well in any Elven or Nymph community and when they establish their own, they welcome their two ancestor races with open arms. Past rivalries between the elves and dwarves as well as the Nymph view that dwarves “rob” nature and the land of its minerals and properties help fuel the dislike Elven Nymphs have toward dwarves. Their attitude toward half-elves varies. They may accept them for the fact that they both share elven ancestors and are half races. However, they may find them unrefined as the elves see humans and wonder why the elven parent couldn’t have chosen a more suitable partner of a wild race such as the nymph. Most usually an Elven Nymph views all races as an elf would. Of course Halflings and other races of the wild would have a higher place in an elven nymph community than in an elven one because of the race's love of nature. Since the elven nymph no longer has such a high regard for arcane magic, arcane-based races aren’t as “popular“. On the other hand some may view a few arcane creatures, such as draconic races and dragons, to be very divine-like and may hold some ties toward nature.
Elven Nymphs, because of both sides of their family and ancestors, tend toward the Chaotic Good alignment.
Elven Nymph communities usually reside in wooded areas, most likely in the treetops. They are most generally isolated from other races except for elves and the nymphs that live in the forest that they call home. They grow and harvest their own food from crops, livestock, and game animals and rarely ever buy their food, especially from dwarves. If the growing seasons are bad then they will accept trade from other communities. If there are individuals that live outside of the forest home, you will most likely find them in elf communities. Since it is rare for a nymph to breed with anything, this race is very rare. You will never find any bigger than a small town made-up mostly of Elven Nymphs.
The elven nymphs may worship the main elven deity Corellon Larethian as their main deity since their ancestry comes from him. They do not take much pleasure to many of the lesser elven deities, because of the fact that they are not fully elf, but some may. Another commonly worshiped deity is Obad-Hai, the god of nature. This deity is greatly worshiped by almost all of the elven nymph druids. They also may worship many other gods that deal with the laws of nature, or have significance in the elven religion. The elven nymph may be monotheistic or polytheistic, mainly because the elven nymph is one of the few races that don’t quarrel with each other because of their religion and because they have so much religious influence from being a mixed race.
The Elven Nymph speak a variety of languages. Their main languages are common, elven, and sylvan. Like elves, and unlike the half-elf, the elven nymph speaks the elven language as good as an elf can with the beautiful and intricate sounds. They also speak sylvan which is the language brought to them from the nymph parent.
The Elven Nymph uses the same names as normal Elves. Such as the Male names, Female Names, and Family Names. If you want to create your own elf name see Races of the WildItalic text for more information.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Elven Nymphs are slight of build, but have the beauty and grace of the fey.
- Fey (Elf)
- Medium: Elven Nymphs have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Elven Nymph base land speed is 30 feet. Elven nymphs have a 20 ft swim speed and may take 10 on Swim checks, even while threatened or stressed. They receive a +8 bonus on Swim checks due to their swim speed.
- Immunity (Ex): Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Lowlight Vision (Ex): An Elven Nymph can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar condition of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elven Nymphs receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. The Elven Nymphs practice in swordplay from their elven side of the family or elven history.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks: Their senses are not as keen as a full blooded elf.
- Elven Blood (Ex): For all effects related to race, an Elven Nymph is considered an elf. Elven Nymph, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect elves as their elf ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by elves. (See the Monster Manual for more information about elves, and the Dungeon Master’s Guide for more on magic items.)
- Dazzling Beauty (Ex): This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of an Elven Nymph. Those who look directly at an Elven Nymph must succeed on a Fortitude save or be dazed for 1 round and dazzled for the duration of the encounter (the DC for this ability is 5+½ the character level + the character’s Charisma modifier). An Elven Nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. Those who save against the Elven Nymph's dazzling beauty are immune to its effects for 24 hours.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc. The Elven Nymph usually know the languages of enemies of the elves. They also commonly learn the languages of their friends and Draconic is a common language found in ancient tomes of secret knowledge.
- Favored Class: Bard.
- Level Adjustment: +2.
Like normal elves