Ebtekal Angel(3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Physical Description
As human, but sometimes with animalistic qualities.
Ebtekal are most often sent by Pelor, or any other deity who believes in spreading kindness and backing it with sheer force when absolutely necessary. Other times, they are messengers and scouts of the Celestial Hebdomad and their crusade of kindness. Still other times, Ebtekal are made mortal in order to gain their deity's favor once again instead of falling from grace completely. In any case, Ebtekal are, in essence, celestial (specifically Archon) beings; souls embodied in the form of a fey. Unlike normal fey, however, Ebtekal draw their power from the divine, as opposed to nature.
Common and Celestial
As any race.
 Racial Traits
- D8 racial Hit Dice
- +6 Charisma
- Ebtekal base land speed is 50 feet.
- Darkvision out to to 60 feet.
- Ebtekal gain one of the following, depending on their patron paragon — Barachiel- 1d8 lightning touch (able to be channeled though a metal weapon), Domiel- Spell Resistance 5 + Level, Erathaol- Nondetection (Caster Level = HD), Pistis Sophia- Two natural claws
- Celestial Chalice (Su) — An Ebtekal's chalice holds an infinite amount of Ambrosia, as created by the Ebtekal themselves. The chalice may be anything that holds liquid, and once enchanted does not break a Vow of Poverty. The chalice will not accidentally spill, nor will mundane acts destroy it. The chalice takes on the statistics of Obdurium, a compressed adamantine, gaining a hardness of 30 and 60 hit points per inch (minimum 120.) The chalice cannot, however, be broken unless separated from the Ebtekal for more than seventy-two hours.
- If broken, all accumulated Ambrosia is spilled, but the Ebtekal can concecrate another chalice after thirty days. During these thirty days, the Ebtekal takes -4 to all ability scores, attack rolls, and damage rolls. If the chalice is lost, the Ebtekal knows it's exact location within 120 feet, and it's general direction outside of that. If stolen, the Ebtekal may ignore the drawbacks of any and all their Vows (but still gain the benefits) towards that individual only. (Killing the thief would not break a Vow of Peace or Nonviolence, but killing the thief's cohorts would.)
- Divine Bulwark — Gain Charisma to AC and Saves, but cannot wear armor. Faith in the protection by one's deity is too restricted by mortal means of shielding. This includes shields and bucklers. Divine Bulwark gives a 20% Arcane Spell Failure Chance to all spontaneously cast dragonblooded magic, as Draconic Magic is not of their realm.
- Gain the following feats — Improved Initiative and Sacred Vow.
- An Ebtekal only needs four hours of sleep. If their alignment is that of their deity's, they may perform a one hour ritualistic trance instead. In this trance, an Ebtekal is considered sleeping.
- Ambrosia Dependency — Ebtekal must drink one dose of Ambrosia each day. Failure to do so fatigues the character until they can. Drinking Ambrosia does not break a Vow of Abstinence, and Ambrosia created through Fermenting Joy always has the maximum length of 5 hours if sipped.
- If an Ebtekal willingly breaks a Vow, their Celestial Chalice loses it's Obdurium properties, and can only hold a maximum of three doses of Ambrosia. In addition, the Ebtekal loses their Divine Bulwark ability, takes -20 to base movement speed, -4 to saves against poison and Evil spells, and takes a -6 penalty to Charisma. The Celestial Hebdomad does not take kindly to those who cannot hold their word, but a deity may also send an Aleax after the character. If the Ebtekal wins, they regain their +6 Charisma, +10 movement, and take no penalties to poison and Evil.
- Should an Ebtekal take on the Saint Template, they become radically charged with celestial might and become full Archon, losing all Fey qualities and taking up the Archon Qualities, except they are Native instead of Extraplanar. Any Fae related feats and prestige classes gained before this change are retained, but the new Archon may never obtain more levels/feats of that nature.
- Spell-Like Ability: Casts Spells as a second level cleric, this stacks with cleric levels.
- Spell-Like Ability: Distill Joy (Su) — As the Spell.
- Spell-Like Ability: Fermenting Joy (Su) — As Distill Joy, but one dose per HD of the Ebtekal. Free action usable at will, although unlike Distill Joy, can only be used once on a blissful living creature. If the creature has a separate moment of bliss, it may be cast again. Only a Ebtekal character with the Joy Domain gains Fermenting Joy, though all Ebtekal treat the Joy domain as their patron deity's domains.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Celestial Bonus Languages: All but secret
- Favored Class: Favored Soul
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||69 years||95 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|