Eberron Nights (3.5e Campaign Setting)
From D&D Wiki
| This is complete in many aspects, but information is sparse in a few categories. Please help improve this.
What are the rating guidelines in more detail?
A campaign set in the world of Eberron.
The campaign year is 999YK (the 999th Year since the Kingdom was founded).
Great and evil forces have worked great magic and have destroyed three separate worlds through a forced Gestalt, these planes have ceased to exist, the worlds of Barsaive, Faerun, and Creation are gone now, and their refugees have come to Eberron. Though they are not great in number, a few have managed to traverse the dimensional wall and land in this new plane, their bodies forever altered by their passage through the veil, things that they once knew are now a clouded memory, something chalked up to a bad dream.
But in the years since the War some are being called for something greater. In the harsh wasteland of the Mournland a hero strides, away from the new war the Lord of Blades seeks to start. From the ruined continent of Xen'Drik an ancient construct rises. In the House of Orien the Heir is born, one that shall claim all in its wake. Finally from the Underdark of Khyber one last hero flees.
But Destiny is a fickle mistress, and on the shoulders of these few, others pick up their weapons and move to forge their own way in the world.
- Eberron was created by Keith Baker.
The face of Khorvaire has been changed forever. In the years since the Mourning great and evil powers have gained fragile footholds on the continent. In the forests of the Eldeen Reaches a machine city rises, and in the Talenta Plains, raids by a race of black skinned elves are becoming more and more common. Finally the capital city of Krona Peak has fallen, their depths now the home to hundreds of demons and devils.
The Draconic Prophecy tells of coming darkness, without hope of the inevitable light. All across the world heroes wake to their destinies, heroes that stand against the coming darkness and battle against their own twisted fates. One may fall but another is there to take his place...
- Those touched by fate have found a home through the PBEM game.
- Others stand against the darkness in the PBP game.
- The role of the refugees is mainly played through pen and paper IRL. The idea is meant to enhance the game world not hinder it. It also allows explanation of the existence of some monsters and items in the world. Please do not be dissuaded by the idea of other worlds.
- Players are at level eight currently, and as the campaign progresses will move up and may someday become Epic legends.
Dungeons & Dragons Products
- Eberron Campaign Setting (June 2004, ISBN 0-7869-3276-7) is the core campaign setting, providing the campaign specific rules and details on the continent of Khorvaire. It is a basic requirement to use other Eberron products. It includes the introductory adventure "The Forgotten Forge."
- Sharn: City of Towers (November 2004, ISBN 0-7869-3434-4) provides additional campaign setting details for the city of Sharn.
- Races of Eberron (April 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3658-4) provides additional campaign setting details for the core races found in Eberron, including more information on the unique races of the setting.
- Five Nations (July 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3690-8) details the people and landmarks of the Five Nations that make up the former Kingdom of Galifar: Aundair, Breland, Karrnath, Thrane, and the Mournland (the former nation of Cyre).
- Explorer's Handbook (August 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3691-6) provides additional campaign setting details for the continents of Eberron and describes the major modes of travel in and between them.
- Magic of Eberron (October 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3696-7) details the many kinds of magic found in Eberron.
- Deluxe Eberron Dungeon Master’s Screen (July 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3850-1) include information from the standard Deluxe D&D Dungeon Master's Screen, with modifications and additional material appropriate for game elements unique to the Eberron setting. Also includes a poster map of Khorvaire.
- Deluxe Eberron Player Character Sheets (August 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3849-8) are based on the D&D Deluxe Player Character Sheets and also include a sheet for the new class introduced in the setting.
- Player's Guide to Eberron (January 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3912-5),covers key topics a character should know about, from Aerenal to Zilargo, house politics to the Last War, dragons to the Lords of Dust, without revealing information meant for Dungeon Masters only.
- Secrets of Xen'drik (July 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3916-8) offers the first in-depth look at the lost continent of Xen’drik, the adventure-rich, ruin-laden, unknown land to the south of Khorvaire.
- Faiths of Eberron (September 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3934-6) presents detailed descriptions of the major religions of Eberron, including the rival pantheons of the Sovereign Host and the Dark Six, the young faith of the Silver Flame, and the shadowed Blood of Vol.
- Dragonmarked (November 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3933-8) offers an in-depth look at the power of dragonmarks and the thirteen dragonmarked houses of the Eberron world.
- Secrets of Sarlona (February 2007, ISBN 0-7869-4037-9) explores the continent of Sarlona for the first time. It gives players and Dungeon Masters their first real glimpse inside the empire of Riedra, home of the Inspired and the kalashtar.
- The Forge of War (June 2007, ISBN 0-7869-4153-7) Secrets of the Last War revealed, plus new character options for war-torn heroes.
- Dragons of Eberron (October 2007, ISBN 978-0-7869-4154-4) delves into the mysterious Draconic Prophecy and various draconic organizations. It introduces the continent of Argonnessen, homeland of the dragons, and describes various adventure sites and other places of interest that have never before been presented.
- City of Stormreach (February 2008, ISBN 978-0-7869-4803-1) describes the shadowy ruins, sinister organizations, and treasure-laden dungeons that make Stormreach such an appealing destination for player characters. In addition to providing Dungeon Masters with a richly detailed city for their Xen’drik based campaigns, this supplement presents information on the movers and shakers of Stormreach, ready-to-use adversaries, adventure hooks, and location maps.
- An Adventurer's Guide to Eberron (March 2008, ISBN 978-0-7869-4855-0) will be an illustrated 64-page visual guide to the world of Eberron.
- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eberron (Official Homepage for the Eberron gaming world)
- http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/EberronNights/?yguid=131968889 (Home of the PBEM game)
- http://z3.invisionfree.com/Dark_Marvels/index.php?showforum=113 (Play by Post Page)