Dwarves, Taresi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dwarves are a stout, hardy race, and they tend to feel more at home in the mountains or underground.
Dwarves on Taresi stand around 4' 6". Their skin is usually a light tan pigment. Their hair ranges from orange to black to brown. The males have thick, full beards, while the females tend to have longer, less coarse hair.
Dwarves are good friends with the underground allies, the Gnomes and Cryptoss. They also like the Humans, Goblins, and Orcs. Dwarves and Elves have had racial tension longer than both races can remember. The only thing they have in common is their dislike of the Noire.
Dwarves tend to be an avenging, forget-no-insult society, so, naturally, most Dwarves are Lawful Good.
Dwarves live in the cold north, in their mountain country of Valbadu. Close by are the neighboring allies, the Gnomes.
Dwarves pay tribute to their god, Greybeard Mighthammer, the patron deity of all Dwarves.
Dwarves start life being taught Dwarven, then learn Common. Most Dwarves learn to speak Gnomish, Goblin, and Orcish, to better understand their allies.
Dwarves have a personal name, usually a name befitting their status and personality, and a family name. Male name include Bavor, Raleth, Thor, Seamus, etc. Female names include Vania, Natalya, Patricia, and Gwendolyn.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Strength, -2 Charisma: Dwarves are a resilient, tough race, but not very sociable.
- Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet: Dwarves can move at this speed in medium or heavy armor, or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Darkvision up to 60 feet.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: +4 bonus on checks against bull rushes and tripping while standing on ground.
- +2 racial bonus on attack rolls against creatures of the aberration type.
- +2 racial bonus on saves against poison.
- +2 racial bonus on saves against spells and spell-like effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks related to stone or metal.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Gravespeak, Metallan, Orc, and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Fighter or Paladin.
- Level Adjustment: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||300 years||490 years||+1d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d4||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+2d4||145 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|