See This Page for more information.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Con, –2 Cha
- Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, and is entitled to a search check when merely passing within 10ft of stone.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against creatures of the Orc and subtype.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
- -4 competence penalty to swim checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Khuzdul (dwarven). Bonus Languages: Sindarin, Quendi.
- Favored Class: Fighter
 Vital Statistics
Table: Dwarf Random Starting Ages
| 50 years
|| + 2D6
|| + 4D6
Table: dwarf Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 100 years
|| 150 years
|| 200 years
|| +2D% years
Table: dwarf Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 3' 9"
|| 130 lb.
|| × (2D6) lb.
|| 3' 7"
|| 100 lb.
|| × (2D6) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Back to Main Page → Dungeons and Dragons → Campaign Settings → LotR → Races.