Dwarves, Azer (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Living on the Plane of Fire, they are a nomadic people and do not spend their time delving into the mountains like their cousins on the Material Plane. For the most part, they are a roving people, hunting for their food and fighting to defend themselves from the myriad of hostile creatures, as well as bands of Centaur raiders.
Same as most dwarves in height and stature, their skin is a reddish color. Their eyes are a glowing pale color, almost white, and their hair and beard are long strands of embers, small flames lifting off and dancing in the scorching air. Their armor is copper or bronze, and their weapons are made of the same material, or from the razor sharp crystal "tree" that cover parts of the Plane of Fire.
A proud and greedy race, they do not get along with 'outworlders' well, and their relations with the other sentient races of their plane are somewhat hostile standoffs at best.
All Azer are named as Lawful Neutral
Open plains, or around active volcanoes. On the Material Plane, they might be more inclined to settle, simply because it is a strange place for them, so they would seek mountain halls with open lava runs.
They do not have a set religion, and are not really inclined to worship any god.
Almost always fire-themed, they also have somewhat typical dwarven names.
- +2 Wis, +2 Int, -2 Charisma: A strong and hardy race, they do not move as quickly as other races, nor are they as agile, and their greed will try the patience of their companions.
- Humanoid (Extraplanar, Fire): They are of the Plane of Fire, and flames do nothing to harm them at all. The hotter the environment, the more at home they are.
- Medium: No bonuses to AC from size
- Azer Dwarves base land speed is 20 feet: Unlike most other races, dwarves of any kind can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor, or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Darkvision 90 feet.
- Low-light vision.
- Stone Cunning
- Weapon Familiarity
- +2 bonus on save vs poison and spell/ spell like abilities
- +2 bonus to appraise and craft checks
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls vs efreet and Fire Giants
- +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant type
- Breath of the Maker (Su): At will, an Azer dwarf can breath a small puff of flame in order to light a fire to cook with or a torch or lantern to see with.
- Touch of the Maker (Su): Flames do not burn the dwarf, but instead fill the wounds and heal them. For every 2 HP of damage a flame or fire spell would normally incur, 1 HP is healed. As a side-effect of their blood, they also have DR/5 Cold.
- Blades of Fire: 6/day—. For one round, the weapons of the dwarf are aflame, dealing an extra 1d8 fire damage. Recharge for 1d6 rounds.
- Body of the Sun: 6/day—Flames leap from his skin in a 5-foot radius, dealing 1d4 points of fire damage per two caster levels, lasts for 1 round/level. Also heals the dwarf for 1/2 the damage done, rounded down. Caster level is 10. The save DC is Dexterity-based (reflex, DC 10+1/2 Caster Level+Intelligence modifier).
- Automatic Languages: Dwarven, Ignan. Bonus Languages: Any, except for secret languages like Druidic.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|400 years||550 years||700 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+3d4||200 lb.||× (4d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 4"||+3d4||190 lb.||× (4d6) lb.|