Dwarves, Albion (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dwarves are a serious minded race of smiths and craftsmen. They are perhaps the greatest smiths in the land, and the weapons and armor they create are unrivaled. They are a honorable and noble people, with a long and proud history.
Dwarves are honest, hard-working, and reliable, although they are also suspicious and slightly xenophobic. They are also a brave and noble people, never hesitating to throw themselves into the midst of combat.
Dwarves are short and stout, standing at around four feet in height yet weighing the same or more then the average human. They have disproportionately large hands, feet, torso, and head, and have red, blond, or black hair. Their eyes are usually brown. All male dwarves wear beards.
Most dwarves are of a lawful alignment, because of their well organized society.
The dwarven lands are beneath the surface of Albion, deep in the caverns that also house the gnomes. They sometimes live on the surface, if so usually dwelling in Albion Proper.
Dwarves worship Vacun, the god of Smiths and Craftsmen, and Macha, goddess of War and Retribution. While Macha is also worshiped by some other races, notably gnomes and trolls, Vacun is exclusively a dwarf god.
Dwarves speak Dwergar and Albionian, as well as sometimes learning the languages of their allies and enemies.
- +2 constitution, -2 charisma. Dwarves are tough, but very gruff.
- Humanoid (Dwarf).
- Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Automatic weapon proficiency with the greataxe and warhammer.
- +4 racial bonus on all saving throws against poison and petrification.
- +2 racial bonus on will saving throws against fear effects, enchantments, and illusions.
- SR 11 + hd.
- Automatic Languages: Dwergar, Albionian. Bonus Languages: Jacinthian, Naga, Aergaelan, Utish, Gnomish.
- Favored Class: fighter.