Durvroes (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Durvros are heartless, cruel humans who made a pact with Mephistopheles to give them power over fire. They tend to live in Volcanic areas, and have a nation of their own, Vokhiil.There are only male Durvros. Human women also inhabit Vokhiil, and these women are just as cruel as the Durvros themselves. They would leave a child that is no of Vokhiil on the streets to die, they would lock their doors to visitors or wanderers, and they would kill anyone who had wronged them, even if they had done a minor offense. However, they are tough but loving to their own. For some reason, children of a Durvros is a Durvros if male, and a human if female.
 Physical Description
Powerfully built, Durvros stand at around 6'5. They have greyish caucasian skin, but can be anything from pale to pure grey. Vokhiil was showered with riches, allowing the Durvros to build and equip a powerful army. Most Durvros are soldiers, in menacing black plates of armor. They train with Hand-and-half swords, and carry large metal shields with a erupting volcanoe, the symbol of Vokhiil, etched upon it. Durvros weigh around 300 pounds.
Vokhiil are usually silent, preferring to listen instead. They do not feel sympathy exept for the most haert-wrenching stories, or stories in which similar occurences happened to them. They laugh at enemies in pain, giving them a cruel and heartless look. They have terrible relations with those of good alignments, and are known to challenge a boasting Paladin to a fight to the death. Neutral alignments they simply understand the best and deal with most. Evil alignments they deal with as well. They take offense very easily, but do not show it until a line has been crossed, which at that point they crush their enemy.
Neutral, Neutral Evil, Lawful Evil
Volcanic, areas with fire, not desert, suprisingly tundra.
They worship no one, Mephistopheles included
A offshoot of common. Common speakers should be able to understand them and vice versa, at a DC 7 speak language check.
Same as human names, except that vowels are pronounced with an accent.
 Racial Traits
- +6 Str, +2 Con, -2 Wis Durvros are very strong and tough, but easily let their emotions get the better of them.
- Humanoid (Fire)
- A Durvros base land speed is 30 feet
- A Durvros begins with 3d8 HD, a base attack bonus of +3, Fort+2, Ref+2, and Will+2. He also gets 4x(6+Int. Modifier) skill points.
- Superheat(Ex) A Durvros can choose to super heat his body and anything he touches, dealing d4 fire damage. He can superheat his weapons, and armor, so that if an opponet attacks his armor with a natural attack, it takes d4 fire damage. During this time the Durvros glow slightly red.
- Control Fire (Ex) If a Durvros is near a open fire, such as a torch or fireplace, he can suck its power out and heal himself (consult DM for how much) or attack a target with it (again consult DM for damage).
- Flame Burst (Ex) A Durvros can emit a blast of fire from his body, dealing xd8 damage. at the same time, he takes xd4 damage to himself. x can be equal up to half of the Durvros HD. He can use this attack every 2d4 turns.
- If a Durvros is ever fully immeresed in fire, he regains 10d6 health. The fire will then go out in that area, and the Durvros will then move on. If the Durvros is fully immeresed in lava, he regains 10d10 health per turn as the lava flows into his body.
- +4 racial bonus on intimidate Checks
- A Durvros has a cold resistance 5, and heals fire damage.
- A Durvos can choose one extra feat.
- A Durvros has toughskin, granting a +1 AC bonus.
- A Durvros is automatically proficient with the Hand-and-half sword (Bastard Sword), all simple and martial weapons, and all armors and shields.
- Automatic Languages: Common Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|65 years||120 years||200 years||+7d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'6"||+2d12||150lb.||× (2d2) lb.|
N Medium humanoid
AC 21, touch 11, flat-footed 20
hp 25 (4HD)
Bastardsword+9 1d10+4, crit 19-20/x2 6 lb, one-handed, slashing or piericing
Spiked Shield+8 d6+4 crit 20/x3
Str 19, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 9
Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Weapon Focus (Bastardsword)
Balance +3, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Hide +6, Knowledge (architecture) +2, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +3, Knowledge (geography) +4, Knowledge (local) +5, Knowledge (religion) +2, Listen +14, Search +12, Survival +5, Tumble +4
Bastard Sword, Heavy Spiked Steel Shield, Full Plate, Mundane Equipment