Dryads, Ardanian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dryads are fey defenders of the forest, known to be fiercely protective of all native life in their sphere of influence. Most are calm and collected unless threatened, at which point they become fierce and righteous. Very few leave their native habitat and as a result are often bored. As a result some find time to "play" with those that enter their forest, sometimes killing them as a result. They have been known on occasion to seduce travelers and sacrifice them to their gods, but are just as likely to offer amnesty to those that decide to request aid peacefully.
 Physical Description
Dryads look like female elves with green skin. They grow their hair long, and sometimes grow bark or leaves in place of their skin or hair.
Dryads aren't unified as a race and don't have any concrete connections to any non-divine entity. They typically worship forest or nature gods, ones that oversee their own sphere of influence. They are, however, fiercely protective of their forests and other natural places, fighting fiercely to defend their homes.
Dryads tend to lie neutrally between law and chaos, and run the gamut from good to evil in the way of how they defend their home.
Dryads live in forests. They are almost never found away from them, and if they are they don't remain for long.
Dryads speak Sylvan, relating to their natural habitat of the forest. They have normal intelligence and many learn other languages to ease communications between them and other races.
Their names are descriptive epithets or done in elven style. Dryads are self-named because they don't typically have direct relationships with their parents.
 Racial Traits
- +4 charisma, +2 dexterity, +2 wisdom, -2 strength, -2 constitution.
- Medium Fey.
- Dryad base land speed is 30 ft.
- Improved Low-Light Vision.
- +4 racial bonus on hide, move silently, listen, spot, and sense motive checks.
- Tree Sickness (su): When a dryad is born she is linked to s specific tree. If a dryad spends more then 72 hours away from her tree, she begins to sicken and die. She must make a dc 15 fortitude save (+2 for each extra day they stay away from the tree) every 4 hours or take 1d4 points of constitution damage.
- Spell-like abilities: at will: charm person and charm animal.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Ardanian, Elven, Goblin, Serpent.
- Favored Class: sorcerer, druid.
- level adjustment: +2.
Dryads live as long as their tree does, typically between 150-450 years naturally. They have no penalties for aging.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|