Druid Spell List (LotR Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 DRUID SPELLS
- 2 Notes
0-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS (ORISONS)
- Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
- Cure Minor Wounds: Cures 1 point of damage.
- Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
- Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or object.
- Flare: Dazzles one creature (–1 penalty on attack rolls).
- Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
- Know Direction: You discern north.
- Light: Object shines like a torch.
- Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
- Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water.
- Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
- Resistance: Subject gains +1 bonus on saving throws.
- Virtue: Subject gains 1 temporary hp.
1ST-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Calm Animals: Calms (2d4 + level) HD of animals.
- Charm Animal: Makes one animal your friend.
- Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
- Detect Animals or Plants: Detects kinds of animals or plants.
- Detect Snares and Pits: Reveals natural or primitive traps.
- Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
- Entangle: Plants entangle everyone in 40-ft.-radius.
- Faerie Fire: Outlines subjects with light, canceling blur, concealment, and the like.
- Goodberry: 2d4 berries each cure 1 hp (max 8 hp/24 hours).
- Hide from Animals: Animals can’t perceive one subject/level.
- Jump: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks.
- Longstrider: Your speed increases by 10 ft.
- Magic Fang: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1 on attack and damage rolls.
- Magic Stone: Three stones gain +1 on attack rolls, deal 1d6+1 damage.
- Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.
- Pass without Trace: One subject/level leaves no tracks.
- Produce Flame: 1d6 damage +1/level, touch or thrown.
- Shillelagh: Cudgel or quarterstaff becomes +1 weapon (1d10 damage) for 1 min./level.
- Speak with Animals: You can communicate with animals.
2ND-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Animal Messenger: Sends a Tiny animal to a specific place.
- Animal Trance: Fascinates 2d6 HD of animals.
- Barkskin: Grants +2 (or higher) enhancement to natural armor.
- Bear's Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level.
- Bull's Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
- Cat's Grace: Subject gains +4 to Dex for 1 min./level.
- Chill Metal: Cold metal damages those who touch it.
- Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
- Flame Blade: Touch attack deals 1d8 +1/two levels damage.
- Flaming Sphere: Creates rolling ball of fire, 2d6 damage, lasts 1 round/level.
- Fog Cloud: Fog obscures vision.
- Gust of Wind: Blows away or knocks down smaller creatures.
- Heat Metal: Make metal so hot it damages those who touch it.
- Hold Animal: Paralyzes one animal for 1 round/level.
- Owl's Wisdom: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level.
- Reduce Animal: Shrinks one willing animal.
- Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
- Lesser Restoration: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
- Soften Earth and Stone: Turns stone to clay or dirt to sand or mud.
- Spider Climb: Grants ability to walk on walls and ceilings.
- Summon Swarm: Summons swarm of bats, rats, or spiders.
- Tree Shape: You look exactly like a tree for 1 hour/level.
- Warp Wood: Bends wood (shaft, handle, door, plank).
- Wood Shape: Rearranges wooden objects to suit you.
3RD-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Call Lightning: Calls down lightning bolts (3d6 per bolt) from sky.
- Contagion: Infects subject with chosen disease.
- Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
- Daylight: 60-ft. radius of bright light.
- Diminish Plants: Reduces size or blights growth of normal plants.
- Dominate Animal: Subject animal obeys silent mental commands.
- Greater Magic Fang: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1/four levels on attack and damage rolls (max +5).
- Meld into Stone: You and your gear merge with stone.
- Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
- Plant Growth: Grows vegetation, improves crops.
- Poison: Touch deals 1d10 Con damage, repeats in 1 min.
- Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
- Quench: Extinguishes nonmagical fires or one magic item.
- Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
- Sleet Storm: Hampers vision and movement.
- Snare: Creates a magic booby trap.
- Speak with Plants: You can talk to normal plants and plant creatures.
- Spike Growth: Creatures in area take 1d4 damage, may be slowed.
- Stone Shape: Sculpts stone into any shape.
- Water Breathing: Subjects can breathe underwater.
- Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.
4TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Air Walk: Subject treads on air as if solid (climb at 45-degree angle).
- Antiplant Shell: Keeps animated plants at bay.
- Blight: Withers one plant or deals 1d6/level damage to plant creature.
- Command Plants: Sway the actions of one or more plant creatures.
- Control Water: Raises or lowers bodies of water.
- Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
- Dispel Magic: Cancels spells and magical effects.
- Flame Strike: Smite foes with Divine fire (1d6/level damage).
- Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments.
- Giant Vermin: Turns centipedes, scorpions, or spiders into giant vermin.
- Ice Storm: Hail deals 5d6 damage in cylinder 40 ft. across.
- Reincarnate: Brings dead subject back in a random body.
- Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away.
- Rusting Grasp: Your touch corrodes iron and alloys.
- ScryingF: Spies on subject from a distance.
- Spike Stones: Creatures in area take 1d8 damage, may be slowed.
5TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Animal Growth: One animal/two levels doubles in size.
- Atonement: Removes burden of misdeeds from subject.
- Baleful Polymorph: Transforms subject into harmless animal.
- Call Lightning Storm: As call lightning, but 5d6 damage per bolt.
- Commune with Nature: Learn about terrain for 1 mile/level.
- Control Winds: Change wind direction and speed.
- Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
- Death Ward: Grants immunity to all death spells and negative energy effects.
- Insect Plague: Locust swarms attack creatures.
- Transmute Mud to Rock: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level.
- Transmute Rock to Mud: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level.
- Tree Stride: Step from one tree to another far away.
- Wall of Fire: Deals 2d4 fire damage out to 10 ft. and 1d4 out to 20 ft. Passing through wall deals 2d6 damage +1/level.
- Wall of Thorns: Thorns damage anyone who tries to pass.
6TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Antilife Shell: 10-ft.-radius field hedges out living creatures.
- Mass Bear's Endurance: As bear's endurance, affects one subject/ level.
- Mass Bull's Strength: As bull's strength, affects one subject/level.
- Mass Cat's Grace: As cat's grace, affects one subject/level.
- Mass Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Greater Dispel Magic: As dispel magic, but +20 on check.
- Find the Path: Shows most direct way to a location.
- Fire Seeds: Acorns and berries become grenades and bombs.
- Ironwood: Magic wood is strong as steel.
- Liveoak: Oak becomes treant guardian.
- Move Earth: Digs trenches and builds hills.
- Mass Owl's Wisdom: As owl's wisdom, affects one subject/level.
- Repel Wood: Pushes away wooden objects.
- Spellstaff: Stores one spell in wooden quarterstaff.
- Stone Tell: Talk to natural or worked stone.
- Transport via Plants: Move instantly from one plant to another of the same kind.
- Wall of Stone: Creates a stone wall that can be shaped.
7TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Animate Plants: One or more plants animate and fight for you.
- Changestaff: Your staff becomes a treant on command.
- Control Weather: Changes weather in local area.
- Creeping Doom: Swarms of centipedes attack at your command.
- Mass Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Fire Storm: Deals 1d6/level fire damage.
- Heal: Cures 10 points/level of damage, all diseases and mental conditions.
- Greater Scrying: As scrying, but faster and longer.
- Sunbeam: Beam blinds and deals 4d6 damage.
- Transmute Metal to Wood: Metal within 40 ft. becomes wood.
- Wind Walk: You and your allies turn vaporous and travel fast.
8TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Animal Shapes: One ally/level polymorphs into chosen animal.
- Control Plants: Control actions of one or more plant creatures.
- Mass Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Earthquake: Intense tremor shakes 80-ft.-radius.
- Finger of Death: Kills one subject.
- Repel Metal or Stone: Pushes away metal and stone.
- Reverse Gravity: Objects and creatures fall upward.
- Sunburst: Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 6d6 damage.
- Whirlwind: Cyclone deals damage and can pick up creatures.
- Word of Recall: Teleports you back to designated place.
9TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS
- Antipathy: Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures.
- Mass Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Elemental Swarm: Summons multiple elementals.
- Foresight: “Sixth sense” warns of impending danger.
- Regenerate: Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35).
- Shambler: Summons 1d4+2 shambling mounds to fight for you.
- Storm of Vengeance: Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail.
An F appearing at the end of a spell’s name in the spell lists denotes a spell with a material or focus component, respectively, that is not needed fotr a spell.
Order of Presentation: In the spell lists and the spell descriptions that follow them, the spells are presented in alphabetical order by name except for those belonging to certain spell chains.
When a spell’s name begins with “lesser,” “greater,” or “mass,” the spell description is alphabetized under the second word of the spell name instead.
Hit Dice: The term “Hit Dice” is used synonymously with “character levels” for effects that affect a number of Hit Dice of creatures. Creatures with Hit Dice only from their race, not from classes, have character levels equal to their Hit Dice.
Caster Level: A spell’s power often depends on caster level, which is defined as the caster’s class level for the purpose of casting a particular spell. A creature with no classes has a caster level equal to its Hit Dice unless otherwise specified. The word “level” in the spell lists that follow always refers to caster level.
Creatures and Characters: The words “creature” and “character” are used synonymously in the spell descriptions.