Dreamer (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dreamer react slowly, they take reality with a grain of salt. Sometime wondering if they are in reality or dreaming. They are big day-dreamer and sometime forget reality completely. They seldom have the energy to travel far alone and they hate to work hard, they like to slide around in their dreams and just let the world take place. They often connect to adventurers to get stingy ride to greater prospects and the monuments that they can memorize and dream about. They travel only for the view, and to see the world's major treasures (everything from money to the views of mountain valleys and landscapes). They hate to predict and obtain saithe prejudices about other people and places. They do not understand the idea of stories. There is no sense in it, destroying only your imagination to create itself.
Dreamer is very similar to people, a little shorter. Always rough hair like they come out of bed recently, always quite long (they have no desire to get a hair cut). They do not have much to the muscles, but can be in situations where they needed to show great reflexes thay assets. Sometimes they may know things just by chance because of its strong link with the magic plane. This can also come against them, it can fail and the dreamers can believe a lie. Dreamers is always very different age. They can be very young when they start to travel or old.
Dreamers have normal only relationships with other dreamers. They can not live alongside a busy man. It's just too much.
Never evil, Often neutral good.
Dreamers dont have any lands. They often live among people, but more like living in cities with many different rases.
They almost never gives a shit about anything and accept the facts over emotions. They can not take any region, therefore, never become a priest.
All Dreamers speak common. Thay can lern: draconic, goblin, dwarwen, elven and gnomeich.
Dreamer does not have the usual names that we humans have, but are often called shame names like Dreamy, forgotten or weird.
- +2 wisdom, -2 Constitution. +2 Dexterity
- type: Humanoid (human)
- Dreamers' base land speed is 20ft and they can't run unless they take the _run_ feat. Dreamers can, however levitate 3ft above the ground with a fly speed of 30 feet (good). They can not fight in this trance, but can use spells and spell like abilities without problems.
- if a dreamer rolls a 1 during a to hit roll or skill check, he becomes tired and falls asleep. A dreamer in this state is impossible to wake until 1d6 rounds have passed. This can happen even in such situations as making bluff and diplomacy checks. All 1's as a dreamer count as a 20, except with the additional effect of the sleep. A dreamer who is asleep is considered helpless for all sakes and purposes, except that they hover 3 feet off the ground in an upright posistion.
- Dream Land(Su)A dreamer hovering in a trance is slightly ahead of it's physical body, due to being in a dream world. Because of this, while a dreamer is hovering, any spot check against it has the DC increased by 3, the dreamer gains a 10% miss chance.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Ex) As long as the dreamer is in a trance from the beginning of an encounter, an enemy will not notice it until 1d6 rounds after it would normally occur. Against creatures who know the dreamer, the dreamer is noticed immediately. The functionality of the skill stops working when the dreamer takes any action that would normally draw undue attention, such as attacking or drawing a weapon. However, casting a spell or moving items may occur without notice, albeit against an opposing spot check. (DC 20-2 for every round the dreamer has been in sight, modified by the DM's discretion.)
- Dream Warnings(Su)In situations where dreamers are in danger, they can avoid dangers. Dreamers get the Uncanny Dodge and Trap Sense feats free at second level, active only while in a trance.
(Okay, I've fixed down to here, but it's slow going, this stuff is awful, and is sometimes very hard to decipher. I'll come back and work on it later. Cool ideas, but the spelling, grammar, balance, and many of the ideas need huge makeovers. ~DarkSable)
- (Su) a dreamer can sleep anywhere, any time, on command, with chaos around him. During sleep, he is never flat footed and he gets his attack bonus in bonus to ac.
- (Su) A dreamer can learn things by chance, as Bards "Bardic Knowledge" unless they roll a 1, fail them in total and they begin to believe a minor wrong (its up to the gm to do the fun :) )
- A dreamer can not save in any way against sleeping spells.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1times/day— Dream. Caster level is same as HD+wisdom bonus. The save DC is wisdom-based.
- Dreamer can not use two hand weapons in close combat or heay crossbows. They liked wands to avoid use of ther own magical power or physical effort.
- Favored Class: any as human. Dreamers can not become a cleric, Paladin, Druid or barbarians. It just takes too much energy / has to do with God, and we know that dreamers dont like things that dont have facts, like divines.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||80 years||about 220 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 0”||+2d10||55 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 0”||+2d10||45 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|