Drakes (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Drakes are brutish, sadistic, and dull-witted. They are not capable of well-formulated plans, and generally just leap into situations without thinking.
 Physical Description
Drakes stand well over 10 feet tall, and weigh over 850 lb. Females are heavier then males, although slightly shorter. Drakes are covered with iridescent scales, and have small horns, sharp fangs and claws, magnificent wings, and long tails. They look like humanoid dragons.
Most drakes are chaotic, and they tend overwhelmingly towards evil.
Drakes soar in the sky of Aergaela and Utgard, although small colonies are sometimes found in Albion Proper or Jacinth.
Most drakes worship their True Dragon forefathers as living gods.
Drakes speak Draconic and Aergaelan.
 Racial Traits
- +8 strength, +8 constitution, -4 dexterity, -4 intelligence (minimum 3).
- Drake base land speed is 40 ft. Base fly speed is 60 ft (clumsy).
- Keen Senses (xx): A drake sees four times as well a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.
- +5 Natural Armor bonus.
- Breath Weapon (su): 40 foot line of fire. 3d6 damage. A reflex save is allowed for half damage. The save dc is constitution based.
- Natural Weapons: a drake has two claw attacks (1d6 + strength modifier), one bite attack (1d6 +1/2 strength modifier), two wings (1d8 +1/2 strength modifier) and a spiky tail (1d8 + strength modifier.
- +4 racial bonus on intimidate, climb, jump and balance checks.
- SR 11 + hd.
- DR 5/Magic.
- A drake starts play with 4 levels of Dragon, which grant it a base attack bonus of +4, 4d12 hd, a base fortitude save of +4, a base reflex save of +4, and a base will save of +4. In addition, They also begin play with two feats, and skill points equal to 7 x (2 + intelligence modifier).
- Automatic Languages: Draconic, Aergaelan. Bonus Languages: Albionian, Arcana, Jacinthian, Utish, Elven.
- Favored Class: barbarian or sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +4