Draenei (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
All Draenei have a skin color anywhere between blue and pinkish purple. They have hooves instead of feet, tendrils that grow from the neck (three on each side) and short tails that serve no true purpose other than being decorated with rings, which is traditionally done by all draenei.
Males have bone plates that grow from their forehead, creating a form of a shield across their skull, while females grow large, curved horns. Males can sometimes grow frontal horns as well, though the horns of a female Draenei usually naturally grow with the points backwards, making them useless in combat.
Males are much larger than the females of the race, growing over twice the weight of females, and about a foot and a half taller.
Males range anywhere from seven to eight feet tall and weigh on average around 300 or 400 pounds.
Females stand at six to seven feet tall and only weigh around 150 or 160 when fully grown.
The Draenei are a peaceful race who are willing to align with anything that is not demonic or unholy because of their past experiences. Draenei will react violently against any demon or Orc, but could become allies with just about anything else.
Because the Draenei have been favored as people by the Naaru, physical representations of the Light's religion, for thousands of years, nearly all Draenei lean very heavily into Lawful Good.
Shaman, who have only recently been learning, may venture into neutral, but it would be extremely hard for any draenei to come anywhere close to evil.
The Draenei do not possess any land of their own.
Dranei worship the Naaru, dimension-traveling race of sentient energy beings, that grant their people their spell-like ability. Draenei could logically worship any holy or light bearing God without much trouble, and the Shaman may even consider a nature or elemental focused deity.
Draenei speak a language unique to them, Draenic. It should be considered a Secret Language, as only draenei learn it naturally.
Draenei typically speak Common as well, and usually with a strong, rough Russian accent.
Notably, Draenei do not have last names, seeing them as a way to simply separate their already small group of survivors. Draenei only have one name which are, as well, very Russian influenced.
- +2 Str, +2 Wis −2 Dex, −2 Cha
- Medium: As a medium character Dranei receive no special bonuses or penalties on their size.
- Dranei base land speed is 30ft
- Weapon Proficiency: Draenei receive racial proficiency with Warhammers, Battlehammer, and all non-repeating versions of the crossbow.
- Heavily Religious: Cannot play as a Demon Lord , Have a Half-Fiend Template, or Warlock and take −4 on all diplomacy checks against them.
- Immortal: Cannot die through aging and do not gain or lose any attributes on account of such.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day— Gift of Naruu. Once per day a Dranei can cast cure minor wounds at a range of up to 30ft. This heals 1 point of damage + ½ your character level (rounded down) in health.
- Draenei receive a +2 racial bonus on all Knowledge (Religion) and Craft (Gem Crafting), Craft (Gem Weaponry), and Craft (Engraving) checks
- Automatic Languages: Dranei and common Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Dwarven
- Favored Class: Paladin