Draconics (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
When a dragon and a human breed, either the child will be a half-dragon, or a Dragon-Born will be born. Dragon-Born are almost exactly like half-dragons, but for one psychological difference. Dragon-Born are born to fight. Possessing an insatiable craving for battle, a Dragon-Born is only happy when his claws are stained red with the blood of his enemies.
Like half-dragon creatures, Dragon-Born are always much more formidable than others of their kind that do not have dragon blood, and their appearance betrays their nature—scales, elongated features, reptilian eyes that glow with a desire for murder, and highly exaggerated teeth and claws. Unlike their dragon parents, Dragon-Born do not have wings.
Dragon-Born can ally with any other race, especially with the other dragon races, but will always keep on guard. A Dragon-Born never fully trusts anyone except himself. Dragon-Born show little tolerance or patience unlike their dragon ancestors and tend to get into a brawl more for the thrill than the importance which can lead his allies into a reckless and unnecessary fight which may cause some tension in a group.
Dragon-Born can be good, neutral, or evil, and are always chaotic. This is due to their lust for battle and bloodshed. Though this lust is strong, while in the proper army, when placed on the front lines, it can be maintained and allow the Dragon-Born to live without causing too much trouble in more civil areas and be able to fight for a greater good if their intentions lead to doing such.
A Dragon-Born prefers living in an environment similar to the preference of their dragon parent. Usually, this is mountainous regions.
Dragon-Born tend to lean toward agnosticism, neither praising nor cursing any particular god. But it is not unheard of that they may pray to one of the more chaotic gods.
True to their draconic heritage, Dragon-Born speak Draconic. Sometimes, though, they learn to speak Common.
Dragon-Born's names are given upon birth by their dragon parent. The names are usually in Draconic.
- +10 Strength, +6 Constitution, −4 Intelligence: Dragon-Born are very strong and hardy due to their draconic blood. Due to their lust for battle, they tend to discard the intellectual side of life.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Dragon)
- Dragon-Born base land speed is 30 feet.
- +4 Natural Armor bonus to AC.
- Increase a Dragon-Born's class hit die by one die size, to a maximum of d12.
- Dark-vision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Dragon Empathy.
- Scent Ability
- +4 racial bonus on Intimidate checks due to their menacing nature, and a +4 racial bonus on Climb and Jump checks due to their physical abilities.
- +2 racial bonus on Fortitude saves due to their tough bodies.
- Immunity to sleep and paralysis effects, as well as an additional immunity based on its dragon variety (see table below).
- Breath Attack (Ex): A Dragon-Born has a breath weapon based on the dragon variety (see table below), usable once per day, plus an additional use obtained each even numbered level. A Dragon-Born's breath weapon deals 7d8 points of damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 15 + Dragon-Born’s Con modifier) reduces damage by half.
- Attack: A Dragon-Born has two claw attacks and a bite attack, and the claws are the primary natural weapon. Draconics can use weapons if their class can. A Dragon-Born fighting without weapons uses a claw when making an attack action. When it has a weapon, it usually uses the weapon instead. A claw attack deals 1d6 damage, and a bite attack deals 1d8 damage.
- Full Attack: A Dragon-Born fighting without weapons uses both claws and its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it uses a claw as an additional natural secondary attack.
- Automatic Languages: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Any martial class.
- Level Adjustment: +6
|Dragon Type||Immunity||Breath Weapon|
|Black||Acid||60' line of acid|
|Blue||Electricity||60' line of electricity|
|Green||Acid||30' cone of corrosive gas (acid)|
|Red||Fire||30' cone of fire|
|White||Cold||30' cone of cold|
|Brass||Fire||60' line of Fire|
|Bronze||Electricity||60' line of electricity|
|Copper||Acid||60' line of acid|
|Gold||Fire||30' cone of fire|
|Silver||Cold||30' cone of cold|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||140 years||160 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+3d6||165 lb.||× 2d10 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+4d4||150 lb.||× 2d8 lb.|