Denizen of Valiancy (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Denizens of Valiancy
|“||There it was, on the other side of the lake, a form that seemed to be made entirely of light. Just the sight of it seemed to calm me where I stood.||”|
|—journal of Geth Harold, traveling writer.|
A Denizen of Light is what would be called good in the eyes of most living beings. They will protect those who cannot do so for themselves in a heartbeat, and punish those who commit an evil act even faster. When it comes to civilization they are often found as guardsmen or members of church clergies, seeing as these position are most fitting for their particular behavior.
A Denizen of Valiancy would appear as a human if it weren't for the fact that their skin glows with a bright white light at all times. They are able to dim this light, but never to the point that it has vanished. A Denizen of Valiancy stands 6'1" tall on average and weighs anywhere from 120 to 200 lbs.
Denizens of Valiancy will get along with other beings incredibly well, unless of course the other being's race has been attacking or enslaving others, in which case, a Denizen can be very prejudiced.
A Denizen of Valiancy is always good, no matter what.
A Denizen of Valiancy will always call the place that they sleep 'home', and as long as they keep coming back to that same location to sleep, they will have an emotional attachment to that place. They have no problem leaving that place behind though, but the more nights they spent there, the sadder they would be when they leave. Denizens of Valiancy originate on the Positive Energy Plane.
Denizens of Valiancy don't worship any particular god as an entire race.
A Denizen of Valiancy will learn the languages that would allow them to help the most.
Denizen of Valiancy names are given by the mother of the child unless the mother is unable to do so, in which case the father or closest relative will give the child a name. A Denizen will never lie about their name.
- −6 Constitution, +10 Intelligence, −6 Wisdom, −4 Charisma.
- Outsider (Native)
- Denizen of Valiancy base land speed is 30 ft.
- A Denizen of Valiancy is Proficient with light martial weapons and light armor.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- A Denizen of Valiancy is always good.
- Due to a Denizen of Valiancy's glowing skin they receive a −1 to all hide checks unless every piece of skin is covered.
- A Denizen of Valiancy's skin provides illumination out to 30 feet and shadowy illumination out to 60 feet at its brightest.
- Calming: A Denizen of Valiancy is entitled to attempt a diplomacy check with a given being at any given time if the goal of talking is to try and talk the other being down and the Denizen knows the language of the being. Additionally, when rushing a diplomacy check, the Denizen only takes a −5 penalty to the check.
- Automatic Languages: common. Bonus Languages: any.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||300 years||450 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6'||+d4"||110 lb.||× (d4) lb.|
|Female||6'||+d4"||90 lb.||× (d4) lb.|