Demon-Born (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Demon-Born are a proud race, they usually have a great defense of their heritage, those whom they befriend, and are usually careless of everyone else. They may be rowdy, carefree, and start fights whenever they are bored.
Demon-Born are slightly shorter than the average human. They may have small claws or black eyes. Some Demon-Born are indistinguishable from regular humans.
They aren't usually friendly, but more easily befriend others if they aren't of an evil alignment.
Usually Evil, Almost always Chaotic.
Underground or in a temperate environment.
Demon gods or as per alignment. Demon-Born also have a tendency to ignore all religions and do there best to avoid holy places, people, and artifacts.
Common, Undercommon, and Abyssal. They may easily learn any other however.
Demon-Born usually have a human name or a demonic name, some have a name that is a combination of both.
- +8 Dexterity,+6 Strength, +6 Constitution,−4 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, Wisdom: Demon-Born are physically strong but lack social skills.
- Outsider (Native)
- Medium: As medium size creatures Demon-Born suffer no penalties and gain no bonuses due to size.
- Demon-Born base land speed is 40ft.
- Darkvision 90ft.
- Immunity to Aging effects
- +2 Natural Armor.
- Damage Reduction: +3/character level until ECL = 15
- Racial Feats: A Demon-Born's outsider levels give it one feat.
- Dark Form: See Below
- Automatic Languages: Common, Undercommon, and Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +7
- Dark Form: Once per long rest, if the Demon-Born's hit points drop below zero and she survives, her skin becomes covered black runes and symbols and now has the following traits:
- All current effects that are depleting or sapping the Demon-Born of her hit points or ability scores no longer affect her, and her health regains 25 hit points instantly.
- When entering Dark Form, the Demon-Born, as an immediate action, makes a single attack action against whatever dropped her hit points to (or below) zero.
- +10 Strength, Dexterity +15 Constitution, -10 Wisdom (cannot drop score below 3), -10 Intelligence (cannot drop score below 3), x1.5 base speed, Regenerate 15 HP at the start of each turn, +10 DR, Dark Form lasts until the Demon-Born is at full health
- Demon Arms: While in Dark Form, the Demon-Born's arms and anything they are holding become covered in black energy. The black energy forms into two giant arms that are each the length of the characters body. The hands are two size categories larger than the her current hand size. +5 grapple, cannot wield any weapons. The energy can be used to turn into Wings, and shield any damage from an attack 25% of the time, but can only make Demon Claw Attack while the dark energy is in its Arm Form.
- Demon Claw Attack: 5d12+Str. or Dex. mod. (whichever is higher)
- A Demon-Born in her Dark Form cannot communicate with their allies and are considered to have "mind blank". Each round, the Demon-Born tries to attack as many enemies as possible with no regard to their own health.
- The Demon-Born's Dark Form ends when she has been in this form when one of the requirements are met: 12 rounds in battle have gone by, all enemies have been slain, or her health goes below zero once while in her Dark Form.
- After exiting Dark Form, The Demon-Born has 2 minutes of being completely fine before she goes unconscious for 10 minutes, and once awoken has a -5 penalty to all attack rolls and saves until she takes a long rest. Once she awakes, the Demon-Born has amnesia for recalling any memories that occurred while in her Dark Form.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||400 years||800 years||+3d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 1”||+2d10||140 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 9”||+2d10||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|