Demic (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Demic in Eberron
Demic have lived below Khorvaire in Khyber since gnomes have settled in Khorvaire. They lived in an underground society which is situated below Breland near the border of Cyre. On the Day of Mourning the cataclysmic event caused underground tunnels to be reopened to the surface. The restless Demic are now free to return to the surface of Eberron.
The caverns in which demic live a sparse, only three major underground cities; Deoxi, is the largest of the three cities. The caverns the Demic have turned into cities are basically giant geodes which have tiny Eberron Dragonshards embbed in walls most of them have natural enchantments of the spell Light(spell), which provide enough light to easily see(like the light provided by a full-moon). The Daelkyr lairs are not connected to the main caverns of the Demic.
Demic are very similar to gnomes, their personalities vary greatly.
Demic look like sickly gnomes, usually pale with a skinny look to them. The Demic suffer from a constant sickness that has no ill-effects at their younger age and it cannot be cured. The sickness increases slowly as they age causing muscle degeneration, having the same effects as old age, however their appearance remains at the age of adulthood.
They get along well with most races that gnomes get along with. Most mistake them for sickly gnomes.
Demic alignments affects some natural magical abilities they have, but vary greatly just as gnomes.
They have lived beneath the surface's crust in underground caverns large enough to hold small cities.
They worship a deity of magic/knowledge or a deity of two-sided gifts(a gift and a curse).
Demic learn very quickly when they are young, they all learn to speak Common, Gnome, and Undercommon.
Their names usually sound similar to diseases, sicknesses, or conditions.
- +2 Intelligence,-2 Strength: Demic are very quick learners early in life, but their bodies suffer from a constant state of sickness.
- Humanoid (Gnome): Demic are a racial off-shoot of the Gnomes.
- Small: As a Small creature, demic gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Demic base land speed is 20ft
- Weapon Familiarity: Demic may treat Needles (in homebrew content) as martial weapons rather then exotic weapons.
- Low-Light Vision: Demic can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Pathogen Vulnerability (Ex): Demic's bodies readily absorb diseases and poisons. If a demic makes a Fortitude saving throw against any diseases or poisons, they automatically forgo the saving throw to resist it. They suffer primary damage from the disease after the incubation period or they suffer primary damage immediately for poisons.
- Pathogen Carrier (Ex): Demic bodies process diseases and poisons in a manner completely different from ordinary creatures. For diseases they suffer only the first day of damage, and then they are cured of the disease after a time period equal to the incubation time period. Any ability drain done by disease is considered ability damage instead and a demic is immune to other disease effects (such as with blinding sickness or infectious goo). If a demic is infected with a disease it never passes the disease to other creatures. A demic can only be afflicted by one disease at any given time.
Poisons also affect a demic differently. A demic is instantly afflicted by the poison's initial damage, but he never receives secondary damage and the initial damage is completely healed after 24 hours.
- Excellent Healer (Ex): Demic cast all spells of the Healing subschool with +1 caster level.
- Spell-Like Ability: Vary depending upon alignment. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + Demic’s Cha modifier + spell level.
- +2 racial bonus to Heal checks.
- +2 racial bonus to Survival checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gnome, and Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Cleric
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||150 years||200 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 0"||+2d4||40 lb.||× X1 lb.|
|Female||2' 10"||+2d4||35 lb.||× X1 lb.|