Decapodian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most Decapodians have Yiddish accents and mannerisms.
 Physical Description
The Decapodians are crustaceans, with lobster-like claws, mouth tentacles, a hard exoskeleton, a fleshy, boneless inner body, a fin that appears atop their heads during mating season or during extreme anger, an ink pouch, two stomachs (one saltwater and one freshwater), a gland that stinks when they are bored and a complex system of internal organs, most of which are either redundant or unnecessary. Decapodians have been depicted as able to consume things not considered food by humans, such as fish bones, wood and chess pieces.
Decapodians are generally disliked except among eachother. At one point in all Decapodians' lives, they enter a mating phase, or "The Frenzy" as they call it, which causes them to behave in a neurotic and manic way. During this chaotic time, their behavior is dictated by the tiny brain located in their rumps. They also develop incredible above-human strength, their head fin comes out for mating displays, their stink glands increase production and the males become saturated with male jelly as the females become engorged with eggs. Once Decapodians pass on their genes, they die.
Decapodians can be any alignment.
Decapodians are from the sandy planet Decapod 10.
Decapodians worship no gods in particular.
Decapodians speak their native Decapodian and Common.
The names of Decapodians can be anything, as they adopt names from other cultures but are very often Yiddish.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Str, +2 Con, −2 Int
- Magical Beast (Aquatic) Decapodians are comfortable living on land or in bodies of water.
- Medium size
- Decapodian base land speed is 30ft: swim speed 30ft, running must be done in a sideways manner (called Scuttling)
- Aquatic Tremorsense 60 ft.: Decapodians are able to sense the location of creatures underwater only.
- Claws - The Decapodians have 2 claws (damage scaling with level), acting as their weapons but these give them a -6 penalty with other weapons or at skills that are difficult to do without an opposable thumb (including, but not limited to, Climb and Pick Lock.)
- Decapodians have the ability to expel ink into an enemies eyes, blinding it until it is able to remove the ink. The daily charges equal (Level/3) rounded down.
- Darkvison 60ft
- Decapodians gain a natural armor giving them +3 AC
- Automatic Languages: Common, Decapodian. Bonus Languages: Any language except secret ones
- Favored Class: Barbarian, Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics