Davrye (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
Davrye: by Carey Ruff
|“||"The horrors the Davrye have wrought are terrible. Brilliant, yes. Inspired, yes. Incredibly and ruthlessly intelligent, certainly. But utterly mad."||”|
|—Dr. Theseus Grey|
the Davrye are an alien race that have mastered genes and genetic manipulating. They were the second alien race to have discovered Earth. However, due to their overwhelming mastery of genes, they have a great many abilities at their disposal. One of these is the ability to disguise themselves as any person, so long as they have some genes to clone. Thus, the davrye race was never exposed to humanity as a whole, until the keshalyen army arrived...
- +2 strength, +2 dexterity, +4 constitution, +4 intelligence, +2 wisdom, +2 charisma. Due to Gene Mastery, most davrye have extra enhancements.
- Medium Humanoid (Davrye).
- Davrye base land speed is 40 ft.
- +6 racial bonus on treat injury, knowledge (genes) and knowledge (science) checks. +4 racial bonus on bluff, intimidate, sense motive and disguise checks.
- Gene Mastery: whenever a davrye attempts cloning, or anything else involving genes or diseases, they gain a +6 bonus. In addition, all davrye start play with one of the following abilities: Perfect Disguise (su): some davrye have the ability to alter their looks as though through the Disguise Self spell. However, the effect is not an illusion, the individual cannot alter their clothing or possessions, and the effect is permanent until the individual chooses to end it. The Perfect Disguise ability is an actual physical alteration of the individual's features. The change is dismissed if the davrye dies. While using Perfect Disguise, a davrye gains a +12 bonus on disguise checks. Perfect Disguise is usable at will, however, there are two restrictions: #1, the davrye must have a pure sample of the DNA of the creature they wish to mimic. #2, the Perfect Disguise ability gives the davrye no ability to speak any other language, use any feat, skill, or any other ability they do not possess, and their ability scores and hp remain the same. In essence, they are exactly the same except for their physical features. Transforming takes 3d4 minutes, and provokes attacks of opportunity. The davrye is fatigued after changing. Mind Control Pheromones (su): some davrye can release a potent spry of pheromones into the area, affecting all living creatures within a 50 foot cone. These pheromones act as the Charm Monster spell, with the following differences. The pheromones wear off in 8d8 hours, and the davrye has no control over ending the effect. The effect is not an enchantment, but a pheromone, and is not subject to any magical rules. The davrye can release a cloud of pheromones once every 3d10 minutes.
- Davrye are proficient with all Davrye Weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Davrye. Bonus Languages: any.
- Favored Class: Smart Hero.
- LA: +5