Dark Satyrs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Dark Satyr
Geebers, these are way Way WAY to over powered to be a character, and would be a killer enemy. WAY TO OP, Please Change. RAHHHH WAY TO OP D:< NERF THIS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MOKA!!!!
Not OP here, but I'm going to try and nerf/add a little backstory to these guys. P.S. I'm a bit of a noob, so I'm not sure how to adjust most of the stats and so forth to make a balanced class. Please feel free to adjust them.
Dark Satyrs are a vile perversion of the natural order, born from the attempts of an insane wizard to create a slave race. Their minds dulled to prevent any thoughts of large scale rebellion, Dark Satyrs are muscled beasts of violence and hatred, ever ready to launch themselves into the fray. Frothing at the mouth and tossing their heads in agitation they attack with little provocation, slashing or hacking or beating their prey to the ground with their bare hands. Though normal Satyrs are reclusive herbivores Dark Satyrs have been known to stage raids on small villages, dragging helpless peasants off into the night, their mutilated corpses often found partially devoured in the woods nearby.
Normal Satyrs are not known for their love or compassion, being a close relative of the Minotaur, but Dark Satyrs are a whole new creature. Bred from the most brutish males the wizard could corrupt and born into a life of servitude Dark Satyrs are some of the most sadistic, violent creatures to walk the Material Plane. With a simplistic, low cunning and a group mentality Dark Satyrs make ideal mercenaries and bodyguards.
 Physical Description
Standing a full head (and horns) taller than their diminutive, 'pure' relatives Dark Satyrs rub shoulders with most humans, with the average height ranging from 5'7 to 6' in some of the larger bulls. Their huge upper bodies honed from decades of physical labour and muscular, cloven hoofed legs make Dark Satyrs an imposing sight in any fight, with their cruelly curved axes and spiral horns upon their head. Adult Dark Satyrs legs and forearms are covered in dark brown or black hair while juveniles are covered from head to hoof.
Due to their perpetual foul mood and a strong desire to beat every living thing into bloody submission, Dark Satyrs do not get along very well with anyone other than other Dark Satyrs or someone who manages to beat them into submission first. If a Dark Satyr is beaten into submission it will from that point onwards view their assailant as the rightful Alpha of the group.
Either Neutral or Evil. Due to their sadistic nature and low level of intelligence Dark Satyrs are almost always Chaotic. With no firm grasp of "morals" or "ethics" and a complete lack of social graces Dark Satyrs are likely to do as they please, or, if they are particularly intelligent, to complete the task the easiest way. Whether that be by carrying the old lady across the street, her skirt flying in the wind, or by butchering it's way through an orphanage for baby seals is of little concern to the Satyr.
Dark Satyrs are most comfortable in forests or caves, but will travel upon open plains or through towns and villages if accompanied by a group, be they Satyr or otherwise.
Having had servitude forced upon them their entire life and then experiencing sudden freedom generally has one of two extreme outcomes for a Dark Satyr. They come to loathe any form of physical or mental yoke, scorning religion as just another form of servitude, or they develop an intense yearning for the safety and purpose of a group. This generally leads to the Dark Satyr adopting some dark god or another, allowing themselves to indulge their darkest fantasies without the judgement of more "civilised" religions.
Dark Satyrs speak Common as well as their own language. There is no known translation for their language, as it is a series of guttural grunts, lows and bellows that the human larynx is unable to emulate.
Traditional Dark Satyr names tend to have lots of harsh syllables as well as a fondness for "g"'s and "or"'s in them, such as Ghamorn and Targen. However, Dark Satyrs who have escaped may choose to abandon these names as a symbolic freedom and will generally take on a name similar to their chosen profession, whether out of a lack of imagination or as a means of advertising nobody has been dense enough to ask.
 Racial Traits
- +4Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -8 Charisma
- Medium size.
- A dark satyr’s base land speed is 40 feet.
- Beastial Features (Ex): Dark Satyrs are unable to wear helmets or other items worn on the head, unless specially tailored to them. They may not wear shoes or boots due to their hooves.
- Low-Light Vision
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A dark satyr begins with four levels of fey, which provide 4d6 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +5, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A dark satyr’s fey levels give it skill points equal to 9 × (6 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Bluff, Hide, Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, and Spot. Dark satyrs have a +4 racial bonus on Listen, Perform, and Spot checks, and a +8 bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.
- Racial Feats: A dark satyr’s fey levels give it three feats. A dark satyr receives Alertness as a bonus feat.
- +6 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapon: Head butt (1d6). A dark satyr's manufactured weapons are not considered secondary weapons like the normal satyr's are.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A dark satyr is automatically proficient with the shortbow and all simple weapons.
- Evasion (Ex) and Uncanny Dodge(Ex) abilities.
- Damage reduction (Su): 10/cold iron.
- Pipes (Su): Dark satyrs can play a variety of magical tunes on their pan pipes. Usually, only one dark satyr in a group carries pipes. When it plays, all creatures within a 60-foot spread (except satyrs and dark satyrs) must succeed on a Will save or be affected by charm person, sleep, or fear (caster level 10th; the dark satyr chooses the tune and its effect).
In the hands of other beings, these pipes have no special powers. A creature that successfully saves against any of the pipe’s effects cannot be affected by the same set of pipes for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Spells: A dark satyr character casts spells as a 5th-level druid. If the character takes additional levels of druid, these levels stack with the dark satyr’s base spellcasting ability for spells per day, and other effects dependent on caster level.
- Automatic Language: Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Gnome, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Bard or Rogue. Must be chosen upon character creation and cannot be changed aftervards.
- Level Adjustment: +5.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|