Dark Folk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dark Folk (Under Construction)
- Note* this race is constructed in regard to pathfinder it's rules and it's variation of Dark Folk if you run a 3 3.5 or 4 game make sure you consult your dm before you use it as it may be under or overpowered depending on the type of game they run and if necessary fell free to make adjustments to fit your world as with all rules in Dnd nothing is set in stone and can be adapted as needed =)
Edit in Process
Dark Folk Generally appear human enough but with noticeable deviations. Dark Folk Are in general much taller then humans. more so then even elves or half-orcs are. with men regularly reaching well over seven feet in height and women well over 6 feet tall. Dark Folk as mentioned have a great deceparity in height between males and females and is more noticeable then it even is among humans but slightly less so in weight they're weight proportions are also less then humans and is more akin with elves.A Dark Folk limbs are also proportionately longer to their torsos then humans by a 1/7th to 1/8th ratio which is usually unnoticeable when observed by it self but stands out when making side by side comparisons
Edit in process.
As a whole the race is neutral by nature but because of there overall versatility and as a people valuing adaptability as a high virtue. they often are little more predisposed towards Chaotic alignments. In addition favored alignments are usually dictated by the plane they find themselves on with Neutral Being favored on the shadow Plane Chaotic Neutral In the material and astral plane and more extreme alignment variation in the Feywild. Due to there overall culture, Nature, respect for individuality, adaptability, and tendency towards abstraction Lawful alignments are exceedingly rare amongst Dark folk
Dark Folk are an oddly and unexpectedly versatile race while generally confined to small underground societies on the material plane usually in small traveling tribal like bands and occasionally towns and even larger city state like metropolises Dark Folk are found widely across the plane of shadow were they have entire nations and empires established and by other native races of the plane are occasionally referred to as "Shadow Humans" or "Dark Humans" Some scholars mistakenly see this as further proof of Dark Folk as a divergent race of humanity but this term is usually more used to refer to the wide spread population of the Dark Folk rather then their origin. In addition to this, Small Dark Folk settlements can be found in the Astral Plane and Fey Wild.
Edit in Process.
Dark Folk Always Learn To speak the common language of the plane they are born on. Weather It be Under common in the subterranean parts of the material plane. Shadow speech on the Shadow plane or Sylvan in the Fey Wild. Dark Folk also have a racial language of there own simply referred to by outsiders as Dark folk for ease of reference. Also in addition for Dark Folk whom don't posses a Int penalty also learn to speak common due to the races near universal fascination with Humans
Edit in Process.
- +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom or -2 Charisma Otherworldly in nature Dark Folk Are lithe physically powerful and Ingenious of mind however there tendency towards abstraction can sometimes lead to errant behavior or aloofness
- Humanoid (Dark Folk)
- Fast Dark folk are fast for thier size they have a base land speed of 40 feet. and 15% chance of having a speed of 45 feet
- See in Darkness Dark Folk can see perfectly in all matters of darkness including that created by Deeper darkness
- Light IllnessWhen Ever A Dark Folk is exposed to natural or magically produced light they must make a DC25 Fort Save or be Nauseated and exhausted for 1d4 hours if they fail the save by more then 10 they also take 1d4 con damage regardless of Planar Acclimation if the Dark Folk Originates from the plane of Shadow the saving DC is increased to DC 35 and the reputations for a failed Save is increased to 1d6 hours and 1d6 points of con damage. In the case of a Dark Folk Originating from the Fey Wild the saving throw is decreased to DC 15 and the repurcutions for a failed DC decreases to 1d3 hours and 1d3 points of con damage.
- Selective Planar Acclimation When ever in the Plane of Shadow, Material Plane, Astral Plane,or Fey Wild, They are considered to be on there home plane and do not gain the outsider subtype maintaining the humanoid type rendering them immune to ''banisment'' effects while on these planes but mataining thier
- Strange Mind Dark Folk are a bizzare race and while there physical form is both as huanting as it is alluring It is nothing compared to less then ordinary workings of there mind. Dark Folk tend to think in odd ways, approaching problems from an angle that most would not expect. There Thought process is otherworldy and truly difficult to grasp by races with little exposure to dark folk. This effects Dark Folk in many ways
-Outside the box +2 racial bonus to straight Int and Wis to gain insight to approach a problem in a way that would otherwise not be considered - Hard to read When a Dark Folk is dealing with a member of race that has little exposure to Dark folk (Elves Humans Gnomes Halflings)They gain a +2 to Bluff Checks but in turn due to there general lack of exposure these races as well and suffer a -2 to Sense motive. But this penalty dose not apply to dealings with humans or anything that is considered human (half-elves and half-dark folk and half orcs)due to Dark folks knowledge of Humans - Children of Absraction Dark Folk have a wierd nature and don't always see
- Sharp senses Dark Folk gain a +4 racial bonus to perception cheacks
- Light FootedThe Quick Lithe bodies of the Dark folk grant them a +2 racial bonus on acrobatics nad stealth checks
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Dark Folk are proficient with all light weapons, Glaives, Scythes, Short Swords, Long swords kopesh and with all types of light armor and with armor coats They also have proficiency with all weapons and armors with the "Dark Folk" designation
- Spell-Like Abilities: times per day equal to the Dark folk's Charisma Mod — Deeper Darkness, . Caster Level is equal to the Dark Folk's class level .
- Automatic Languages: Dark folk,(Common Language of Birth Plane) and Common. Bonus Languages: Any .
- Favored Class: Fighter Wizard Rogue or Magus
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Base Effective Character Level: 1
|90||+ 2 d10||+6 d10||+10 d10|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||1000 years||1500 years||+15 d % years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||'6 "0||+ 2d12||lb 120.||× () 3 lb.|
|Female||'5 "6||+ 2d12||lb. 100||× () 3 lb.|