Dark Folk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dark Folk tend to take the Human spirit of adaptability and flexibility to the extreme. That being said, they tend to be flexible not only with their bodies, but with intellectual and philosophical concepts as well. They treat individuals as individuals and are rarely prejudiced towards people. Dark Folk are very impatient and tend to act impulsively. They often get into trouble. However, their flexibility and adaptiveness often lends a hand in getting out of it too.
Dark Folk generally appear human enough but with noticeable deviations. Dark Folk Are in general much taller then humans. More so than even elves or half-orcs are. With men regularly reaching well over seven feet in height and women well over 6 feet tall. Dark Folk as mentioned have a great disparity in height between males and females and is more noticeable then it even is among humans but slightly less so in weight they're weight proportions are also less then humans and is more akin with elves. A Dark Folk limbs are also proportionately longer to their torsos then humans by a 1/7th to 1/8th ratio which is usually unnoticeable when observed by it self but stands out when making side by side comparisons.
Typically, Dark folk only get along with other races from the Plane of shadows. They often form alliances with other Shadow folk when they share a common enemy. Dark folk can occasionally be found in the company of humanoids who respect abilities and share common goal.
As a whole the race is neutral by nature but because of there overall versatility and as a people valuing adaptability as a high virtue. They often are little more predisposed towards Chaotic alignments. In addition favored alignments are usually dictated by the plane they find themselves on with Neutral being favored on the Shadow Plane Chaotic Neutral In the Material and Astral plane and more extreme alignment variation in the Feywild. Due to there overall culture, Nature, respect for individuality, adaptability, and tendency towards abstraction Lawful alignments are exceedingly rare amongst Dark folk.
Dark Folk are an oddly and unexpectedly versatile race while generally confined to small underground societies on the material plane usually in small traveling tribal like bands and occasionally towns and even larger city state like metropolises. Dark Folk are found widely across the plane of shadow were they have entire nations and empires established and by other native races of the plane are occasionally referred to as "Shadow Humans" or "Dark Humans". Some scholars mistakenly see this as further proof of Dark Folk as a divergent race of humanity but this term is usually more used to refer to the wide spread population of the Dark Folk rather then their origin. In addition to this, Small Dark Folk settlements can be found in the Astral Plane and Fey Wild.
Dark Folk always learn to speak the common language of the plane they are born on. Whether It be common in material plane, Shadow speech on the Shadow plane or Sylvan in the Fey Wild.
- +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma Otherworldly in nature Dark Folk are lithe physically powerful and Ingenious of mind however there tendency towards abstraction can sometimes lead to errant behavior.
- Outsider (Native).
- Medium As a Medium creature, Dark Folk get no bonuses or penalties based on size.
- Fast: Dark folk are fast for thier size they have a base land speed of 40 feet. and 15% chance of having a speed of 45 feet.
- See in Darkness: Dark Folk can see perfectly in all matters of darkness including magical darkness.
- Spell Resistance: Dark Folk Gain SR 11 + Character level
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds Dark-Folk for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Resilient Mind: Dark Folk gain +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities
- Sharp senses: Dark Folk gain a +2 racial bonus to listen and spot cheacks.
- Shadowborn: Dark Folk have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silenty checks.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day — Deeper Darkness . Caster Level is equal to the Dark Folk's class level.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Darkfolk. Bonus Languages: Undercommon, Aklo, Abyssal, Sylvan, Celestial, Halfling, Draconic, Dark Speech.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||1000 years||1500 years||+15d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||'6 "0||+2d12||120 lb.||× 3 lb.|
|Female||'5 "6||+2d12||100 lb.||× 3 lb.|