Dakin are humanoids infused with the plane of light. Their eyes are particularly resistant to bright light, and they are exceptionally courageous individuals. Dakin have very pale to peachy skin, yellow or orange eyes, and their hair is usually white, or blond. They typically stand from 5 feet to a little over 6 feet in height, and weigh between 125 and 250 pounds. Males are typically slightly taller and heavier than women. Dakin are exclusively found inside the lands of the Empire, and very few dare to make a home outside the Empire's protection. Dakin are fond of wisdom, and short sayings, and often take on governmental jobs. Many of the more skilled individuals become stonemelders and learn to manipulate cora stones.
- +2 Wisdom, −2 Constitution
- Humanoid (kin)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, dakin have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Dakin base land speed is 30 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells with the light or mind-affecting descriptor.
- +2 racial bonus on Spot, and Sense Motive checks.
- Bright-light Vision (Ex): Dakin are able to see in conditions of bright or blinding light without any difficulty.
- Immunity to Magical Blinding (Ex): Dakin eyes are very resistant, and magical blindness has no effect on them.
- Courageous (Ex): Dakin gain a +2 racial bonus vs. fear effects, this stacks with their bonus vs mind-affecting spells when targeted by a spell that would cause a fear effect.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Favored Class: Any.
Table: Dakin Random Starting Ages
| 15 years
Table: Dakin Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 35 years
|| 53 years
|| 70 years
|| +2d20 years
Table: Dakin Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 120 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
|| 4' 5"
|| 85 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings → Cora Campaign Setting