Dai-Yokai (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dai-Yokai are creatures of Japanese lore who tend to be arrogant.
Dai-Yokai are a war driven race who love to fight. They hate humans and avoid them if possible.
 Physical Description
Dai-Yokai often resemble an oriental half-elf, if such a thing ever existed, with the skin, eyes and hair of those from the east, but also with elvish shaped ears and razor sharp claws. Some Dai-Yokai may also have unusual eye or hair color that further extinguishes them from the other races. Dai-Yokai are often of similar size as humans, 4'5" to 5'5" and 100+ lbs., whilst females tend to be of a smaller stature. But with size as with other things, it varies. Their alternate animal form is usually kept secret.
Dai-Yokai have good relations with Elves but not with others.
Dai-Yokai gravitate toward Chaotic alignment. They are honorable and their behavior sometimes makes things 'messy'. They don't gravitate toward good or evil.
Dai-Yokai have no lands, they simply wander. Rarely a Dai-Yokai may settle in a community.
Dai-Yokai have no religion, though great warriors of their race are revered as gods.
Dai-Yokai due to their affiliation with Elves speak Elvish, and Common languages.
Dai-Yokai are given names by their parents.
Example of Name: Shiba, Nala, Koga
 Racial Traits
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom:
- Medium: As Medium Creature, Dai-Yokai get no bonuses nor penalties.
- Dai-Yokai base land speed is 40 ft
- Darkvision 120 ft.
- Natural Armour +4
- Ageless: A Dai-Yokai cannot die of old age.
- May shift to animal form at will- free action
- Regeneration- A shifter can shft wounds closed and gains about 3 hp every round when wounded, and may regenerate limbs 2-3 hours
- Razor Sharp Nails(Ex): A Dai-Yokai's unarmed strike deals lethal damage and becomes a piercing type weapon. A player may choose to perform a nonlethal damage using an unarmed strike, but take a -4 penalty on the attack roll and the damage type becomes bludgeoning.
- Energy Whip(Su): A Dai-Yokai Can materialize an energy whip that can do 1d6 damage, and grapple on to things.
- Poison Claws(Su): A Dai-Yokai's claws can do 1d3 constitution damage for 1d4 rounds.
- Healing Waters (Su): A Dai-Yokai with a Wisdom score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her HD × her Wisdom bonus. She may choose to divide her healing among multiple recipients, and she doesn’t have to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action. Alternatively, she can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using healing waters in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. She decides how many of her daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.
- Spell-Like Ability: Speak with Animal 3/day, Spider Climb 2/day. The save DC is Charisma based.
- Automatic Languages: Elvish, Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +4
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|540 years||730 years||1000 years||Immortal|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 10”||+2d10||150 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5’ 5”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|